Forums

Help › Forums

Best of Par 5 holes

Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:54 PM (57 replies)
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:14 AM

I don't see how they can do. I don't know how many Bo3 and Bo5 rounds I've played but I've now had 505 rounds at Legend and not moved up to TL.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:44 AM

Jimbog1964:

Everything you say makes sense except they DO influence more than just the best round stat.  

I didn't check that point carefully. I didn't play enough of those best of par 3/5 to notice it.

However they cannot count for saturation. Otherwise this would affect too much the way one reaches new tier and the logic behind a stabilized average for example.

Regards 

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:22 PM

I've played the best of par 5 holes about 5 times now and it is a lot of fun.  I keep trying to get the 18 consecutive birdies award on it but seem to miss a short putt or put a shot off line and end up with 1 or 2 pars.

I did have four eagles in a round the other day, made 2 pars as well to get down to a 70 score and win most of the awards on it for scoring.

Good job picking out the holes and the layout.  Pretty much every hole can be reached in 2 under the right wind conditions so there are many opportunities for eagles, making it a fun course.  I like not having to many holes from each course as well.  All in all a great job by WGT here to make a fun course if not a really new one.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 2:12 PM

genorb:
    Now we have two kind of ranked rounds... Those who influence your average and stats and those who don't.

Yes, this is a good way to put it. By what you and bettergloberoman are saying, advancement requires the 500 rounds to be rounds that actually affect your average while the saturation point-where that count begins-just has to be ranked rounds, any kind. 

I get it. Thanks to both of you.  :-)

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 4:00 AM

YankeeJim:

genorb:
    Now we have two kind of ranked rounds... Those who influence your average and stats and those who don't.

Yes, this is a good way to put it. By what you and bettergloberoman are saying, advancement requires the 500 rounds to be rounds that actually affect your average while the saturation point-where that count begins-just has to be ranked rounds, any kind. 

I get it. Thanks to both of you.  :-)

What I am saying Jim is that the number of rounds required for advancement and the number of rounds required to reach saturation are the same number. This is the number of rounds played which influence your average. The value of that number depends on your tier.

Regards

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:20 AM

genorb:
    What I am saying Jim is that the number of rounds required for advancement and the number of rounds required to reach saturation are the same number. This is the number of rounds played which influence your average.

I have read reliable testimonies for both POVs, based on game counts. You said you didn't pay attention yourself. Therefore please allow me to enquire what is your proof or testimony, apart from your firm conviction?

Edit: Quote added for reference.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:24 AM

alosso:
    Therefore please allow me to enquire what is your proof or testimony, apart from your firm conviction?

I assume you're asking me. The proof I used for my POV is having gone out and seen for myself that posting a ranked round on the 3 par course changes the total on your profile. I thought it was pretty succinct when I explained what I did. The point in question was whether or not the par 3 and 5 courses counted as ranked rounds even though the scores didn't affect the average.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:37 AM

Sorry no, Jim, it was meant for genorb, since I didn't quote anything.

Of course a ranked round on the Bo3/5 would add to the total no. of ranked rounds. Alas, this is no proof for it to count towards saturation.

Let me remind you that all the "rules" posted here have been set up by users, there is no FAQ statement or such. Plus they come from the time before the Bo3.

I won't exclude any option until this has been set in bold letters. As I said, there are contradicting statements, and yours is an argument but not a firm proof.

Perhaps I'll have to wait 130 rounds until I'm there ;)

• MW90
    866 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:38 AM

Best of 3 & 5 count in your ranked rounds total in your stats, but their scores do not count in your average.  (They are ranked rounds but not scored rounds).  Therefore, after playing 500 rounds as a TL, my "saturation point" was not met because I had played Best of 3, fifteen times.  So, I reached saturation at 515 rounds.  

Your saturation point for a Legend or TL then will be 500 rounds plus any Best of 3 or 5 rounds that you have played.

MW

• bettergloberoman
    586 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:06 AM

MW90:

Best of 3 & 5 count in your ranked rounds total in your stats, but their scores do not count in your average.  (They are ranked rounds but not scored rounds).  Therefore, after playing 500 rounds as a TL, my "saturation point" was not met because I had played Best of 3, fifteen times.  So, I reached saturation at 515 rounds.  

Your saturation point for a Legend or TL then will be 500 rounds plus any Best of 3 or 5 rounds that you have played.

MW

Exactly what I said, but it seems that no one is listening   ;))

So I will say it again:

Best of par 3 and 5  do not count towards your 500 ranked rounds you need to reach saturation point for Legends and Tour Legends.

End of story.  ;))

Also a Legend need to have 500 ranked rounds played (not Best of Par 3 or 5) to be eligible to advance to Tour Legend.

RSS