Forums

Help › Forums

Best of Par 5 holes

Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:54 PM (57 replies)
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 3:21 PM

I'm experimenting with that at the moment ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 4:55 PM

Jimbog1964:
    So can't contribute toward's saturation right? E.G. 500 Par 3s and one 18 hole at St Gs score of 58, you would still need to play another 500 rounds on a vanilla (not par 3 or 5) course to start griping about not being a TL from Legend start?

No. A ranked round counts towards the number of rounds you need to saturate the average. The scores on the two BOF's just don't count in the average.

I am 100% positive of this because I just proved it to myself. I had 2307 ranked rounds in my history. I posted a score from the par 3 course and I now have 2308 ranked rounds. Theoretically, those 500 rounds with an average less than 60 would put you over the edge. 

• bettergloberoman
    586 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 5:10 PM

YankeeJim:

No. A ranked round counts towards the number of rounds you need to saturate the average. The scores on the two BOF's just don't count in the average.

I am 100% positive of this because I just proved it to myself. I had 2307 ranked rounds in my history. I posted a score from the par 3 course and I now have 2308 ranked rounds. Theoretically, those 500 rounds with an average less than 60 would put you over the edge. 

No Jim,

you need 500 rounds that are not on best  of par 3 or 5, to reach saturation point.

And yes, best of par X, count to total ranked rounds, because they count in your stats (HIO, eagles etc)

But is absurd to think your AVG will reach saturation point if you play 10 "normal" rounds and 490 on best of par X, you can't have your AVG calculated just from your best 10 rounds!!

And how I said before, i reach my saturation point after I played 500 "normal rounds" and 6 on Best of par 3.

Alex

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:54 AM

bettergloberoman:
    you need 500 rounds that are not on best  of par 3 or 5, to reach saturation point.

This is just plain wrong, Alex. WGT doesn't separate ranked rounds based on where you played them. Saturation, as its being tossed around here, is the point where your average only goes down. It's based on the requisite number of rounds required in each tier.

Where's WigerToods when you need him??  LOL  ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:12 AM

Ceratinly par 3s (lord knows I played enough to level up to L93) do count as a ranked round and ups the number of RRs you have.  I just would hope they do not also count toward's saturation, and seems not every can agree yes or no on that point. So guess yes WigerToods ........or a Mod if feeling generous with just a little information. Sorry if I am being thick in advance:) 

• bettergloberoman
    586 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:39 AM

YankeeJim:
    This is just plain wrong, Alex. WGT doesn't separate ranked rounds based on where you played them. Saturation, as its being tossed around here, is the point where your average only goes down. It's based on the requisite number of rounds required in each tier.

I reach the saturation point, so I know what I talk about.

Best of par 3 and 5  do not count towards your 500 ranked rounds you need to reach saturation point for Legends and Tour Legends 

You will see on your own 

Alex

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:25 AM

YankeeJim:

bettergloberoman:

Where's WigerToods when you need him??  LOL  ;-)

Hi Jim,

before, a ranked round was a round that have an influence on your average and all your stats. Now we have two kind of ranked rounds... Those who influence your average and stats and those who don't. When you play best of par 3 and best of par 5, you number of ranked rounds in your stats increases but still they don't influence your average and your stat (except for the best round value).

What counts for saturation is the number of ranked rounds which influence your average. Indeed, in the WGT logic, one can go to a new tier only when he has a stable average. This stable average is reached after a given number of rounds depending on tier. Because best of par 3 and par 5 don't modify the average they cannot contribute to stabilise your average. So they don't count for saturation.

Another argument is the following. Imagine that best of par 3 and par 5 would count for the number of rounds needed to reach saturation (namely the minimal number of round needed to reach anew tier), then it would be quite easy to reach saturation and access a new tier. 

Indeed, imagine you reach a new tier, you just need to play 1 easy round (from short tee for example when there is such a tourney), such as your average is below what is required to be promoted, and then you play only best of par 3 and best of par 5. Your average will not change and after a while, when you will have played enough of those rounds, you will get promoted. That would be very unfair compared to the normal procedure to be promoted because actually only 1 good round would be needed to be promoted.

Regards

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:27 AM

WGTicon:

alosso:

Is there an answer available concerning Bo3/5 and the rounds' number towards saturation?

they are not counted in averages... just best score for par 3's since par 5's best score wouldn't be best anyway.

Oops - a perfect way not to answer the question while responding.

I'm afraid I asked an impossible question, given that WGT does not talk about the average calculation.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:04 AM

genorb:
    When you play best of par 3 and best of par 5, you number of ranked rounds in your stats increases but still they don't influence your average and your stat (except for the best round value).

Everything you say makes sense except they DO influence more than just the best round stat.  Having mindlessly played many par 3 rounds just to Level Up to L93 for the Black R1 it was clear they changed (destroyed lol) GIR, scrambling and sand averages (edit) and putting, but not dist to pin perhaps strangely.  You are saying they have no bearing on saturation, and I certainly hope that is correct.  The latter is something I am unable to shed any light on as I had already turned TL when I started my Par 3 assault. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 7:05 AM

alosso:

WGTicon:

alosso:

Is there an answer available concerning Bo3/5 and the rounds' number towards saturation?

they are not counted in averages... just best score for par 3's since par 5's best score wouldn't be best anyway.

Oops - a perfect way not to answer the question while responding.

I'm afraid I asked an impossible question, given that WGT does not talk about the average calculation.

+1 alosso on the saying but not answering bit...........Any chance of an answer that answers please:) Surely this is so simple a point, and nothing to do with average calculation.  Do they have a bearing on saturation yes or no? 

RSS