Best of Par 5 holes

Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:54 PM (57 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:40 AM

alosso:

bettergloberoman:

Chinajohn:
    I read that this course does not count towards your average (good job too) but what about total rounds, i.e. if I play 499 'normal' rounds and 1 par 5 course round will that take me to saturation point?

You need 500 "normal" rounds, you can play as many Best of par X rounds, they dont count to your 500 rounds that you need to reach your saturation point.

Pardon me to insist, but do you have a testimony, a proof for this?

I was told the other day that the Bo3/5 do count towards the number of rounds. In that case, 1 regular (of 30/60 or less) and 499 Bo3/5 rounds would do the job.

I think you have it right, A. Look at the number of ranked rounds on your profile, this is the number that determines the saturation point. A ranked round is a ranked round and increases this number. If you post a ranked round it will count, just not against your average in the case of these 3 and 5 courses.

• bettergloberoman
    586 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 6:18 AM

YankeeJim:

alosso:

bettergloberoman:

Chinajohn:
    I read that this course does not count towards your average (good job too) but what about total rounds, i.e. if I play 499 'normal' rounds and 1 par 5 course round will that take me to saturation point?

You need 500 "normal" rounds, you can play as many Best of par X rounds, they dont count to your 500 rounds that you need to reach your saturation point.

Pardon me to insist, but do you have a testimony, a proof for this?

I was told the other day that the Bo3/5 do count towards the number of rounds. In that case, 1 regular (of 30/60 or less) and 499 Bo3/5 rounds would do the job.

I think you have it right, A. Look at the number of ranked rounds on your profile, this is the number that determines the saturation point. A ranked round is a ranked round and increases this number. If you post a ranked round it will count, just not against your average in the case of these 3 and 5 courses.

I do have the proof, i had 494 regular rounds played @ TL and 6 round on Best of par 3, and my AVG reach the saturation point after i played another 6 rounds (not par 3or5).

Since i reach TL i  wrote all my rounds so i know. ;)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:44 AM

Thank you, B. This is a sound argument.

Alas, in contrast, so. stated to have counted the other way - x Bo3/5 rounds counting in like YJ said.

Difficult subject without official information, and I still have 1/3 in front of me.

Perhaps there is a numbercruncher between those working for Level 93 - the gap would be well visible there.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:55 PM

alosso:

Username8675309:
    Hole #16 of The Olympic Club was not included.
    Most courses are present with two Par 5s, except OAK which has been absent in any Best-Of compilation, KIA (3x) and OLY (1x). Apparently OLY 16 was sacrificed for KIA ##2, 7 or 11 for any thinkable reason.

KIA ##2+16 and OLY ##16+17 would have been more in my favour.

kiawah 16 and oly 16 are near impossible eagles short of holeout), so I didn't put them in

-wgticon

• CalicoCats
    48 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:10 PM

WGTicon:

alosso:

Username8675309:
    Hole #16 of The Olympic Club was not included.
    Most courses are present with two Par 5s, except OAK which has been absent in any Best-Of compilation, KIA (3x) and OLY (1x). Apparently OLY 16 was sacrificed for KIA ##2, 7 or 11 for any thinkable reason.

KIA ##2+16 and OLY ##16+17 would have been more in my favour.

kiawah 16 and oly 16 are near impossible eagles short of holeout), so I didn't put them in

-wgticon

You did a good job picking the holes. The course is a lot of fun.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 2:36 PM

WGTicon:
    o.k., so I was looking for some challenge, your goals were different, I understand.

Is there an answer available concerning Bo3/5 and the rounds' number towards saturation?

• Username8675309
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 10:16 PM

WGTicon:

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine the order you put the holes in?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2013 10:20 PM

alosso:
    Is there an answer available concerning Bo3/5 and the rounds' number towards saturation?

WGT yes please, not giving anything meaningful for you away.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 1:55 PM

Username8675309:

WGTicon:

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine the order you put the holes in?

that's like asking Jack about his design secrets!!

seriously though. I started with kiawah and ccc holes and then wanted to make sure no courses had consecutive holes. I also eliminated less fun par 5's, such as kiawah 16/olympic 16, merion 4, and so on.

alosso:

WGTicon:
    o.k., so I was looking for some challenge, your goals were different, I understand.

they are not counted in averages... just best score for par 3's since par 5's best score wouldn't be best anyway.

-wgticon

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 2:09 PM

WGTicon:

they are not counted in averages... just best score for par 3's since par 5's best score wouldn't be best anyway.

-wgticon

So can't contribute toward's saturation right? E.G. 500 Par 3s and one 18 hole at St Gs score of 58, you would still need to play another 500 rounds on a vanilla (not par 3 or 5) course to start griping about not being a TL from Legend start?

RSS