Forums

Help › Forums

Yikes, SPOILER ALERT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 26 2010 4:40 PM (39 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 11:29 AM

I think its time for Tiger to take a mental step back, stop talking about your game and using words like "confident".   When you go out and shoot a total +6 in a tourney on a course you have dominated, to be currently only better then 5 players for the TOURNAMENT, it sounds like you have no clue about your game.

If intimidation was ever a factor in his domination, that is long gone.  I never thought that this thought would enter my head "has retiring crossed Tigers mind?"  I think he still believes he can be the same person inside and outside the ropes, but I think both of those worlds have changed enough to not allow that. 

I dont agree with his "discretions" but I actually kind of feel sorry for the 3/4 billionaire.  Kind of.  Its like looking at someone really lost in their life.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 3:33 PM

neildiamond11790:
    I dont agree with his "discretions" but I actually kind of feel sorry for the 3/4 billionaire.  Kind of.  Its like looking at someone really lost in their life.
    Sorry Neil, but I disagree...

That 3/4 of a billion is going to his ex-wife as hush money.. so now he HAS to play golf just to earn some of that back.  Now that he actually has to compete (and knowing that the authorities are on to his PED doctor)... always fearful that someone is about to make it known that not only was he cheating on his wife, he was cheating on the golf course.. really has to weigh heavy on his mind.

• His wife's gone
    • His kids are gone
    • His steroid Dr is gone
    • His coach is gone (broke up via text message.  Classic)
    • His game is gone.

T76 at Firestone after 36?!?

He better, as they say, "get his poop in a group" or he will be living off appearance fees from now on.... and even those will be drying up fast.

Classic line, heard from the gallery on the way to the scoring tent on day one:  "You're washed up Tiger! Give it up!"

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 6:31 AM

That's what happens when you get worsipped as a god and then it is revealed you have been acting like the devil...

Good ridence I say..

• TarheelsRule
    5,469 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 12:19 PM

While many people think that Tiger has lost his game due to all his 'problems' with his wife, sponsors, etc. I tend to have a different thought.  While the mental problems are there and are sort of a distraction, he carried the mental problems of hiding all of this from his family and sponsors for years so I think that pressure was always there.

Back when Tiger broke the bone in his leg and had the knee problems, it was my opinion that this was very serious for him because Tiger swings harder than anyone else on the tour.  Look at Phil, Ernie and other big hitters, they don't swing as hard as does Tiger.  Since he has come back, he constantly loses the ball to the right, I think that is an issue of his legs not being able to turn as they should.

Tiger has a great need for a swing coach.  He has to change that savage lash into a swing for the next 20 years and he has no one to help him do it now that he has dumped the best swing coach in the world.

I don't feel sorry for Tiger, I didn't like him before this happened and still don't.  He made his bed with his attitude and got what he deserved.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 8:02 PM

For those who missed it.. Eldrick's first 3 rounds at the Bridgestone Invitational:

+4 (74) - +2 (72) - +5 (75) for a total of +11(221) on a track he has obliterated in the past.

That leaves him all alone in 78th place... with only 4 people behind him... two of those have withdrawn.

I, for one, fully expect a mystery illness or injury tomorrow to rear-up and force him to withdraw.... either that or he'll mail it in as he did today.

Has anyone ever seen Tiger play as he did today?  Just walk up and hit the ball.  No prep, no pre-shot routine, no layout study... just step, step, step swing.

Pathetic... at least he could act like he cares about golf.  Must be the new and improved E. Tont Woods.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 7:26 AM

The greatest ever? Ha, I just watched Baldrick Woods quit on the golf course, what a disgrace to the game and on a track where I have seen him personally win 5 times. To walk up and hack away like that is sickening, fathers who bring their sons out to watch Tiger hhhmmm might want to move a fairway over and watch Lefty. JB

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 10:39 PM

At least his behavior is no where near the "crap out" rate we see here at WGT. We don't know him or what is going on in his head or life. There isn't one human on this site or anywhere else that can identify with him or his talent that history has yet to provide another example. He will, on his time and his dime, work past it and return to his proper and undeniable stature. He is, the best that ever lived, like it or not. He has hit shots that no other pro, living or dead, ever dreamed of.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 2:49 AM

SweetiePie:

At least his behavior is no where near the "crap out" rate we see here at WGT. We don't know him or what is going on in his head or life. There isn't one human on this site or anywhere else that can identify with him or his talent that history has yet to provide another example. He will, on his time and his dime, work past it and return to his proper and undeniable stature. He is, the best that ever lived, like it or not. He has hit shots that no other pro, living or dead, ever dreamed of.

Absolutely dead on! I've come to expect nothing but intelligence and a razor sharp wit from you SP. I'm happy we are friends :-)

I'm indifferent about celebrity. I love what athletes can do on the court...or field, or ice, or green. But, I don't live their life. The pressures put on male athletes we will never understand. I was a student athlete in college. You get to know all the other teams players because you are always around each other. Even then you would see it. Guys on the football team or basketball team who were going places, always had women acting a fool and throwing themselves at them. I can't imagine what it must be like for a millionaire athlete. I also know that rare is the man that can have it thrown in his face at every turn of his life, and walk away from it. I don't agree with it, but I know that's how it is.

I am sad to know that Tiger failed his wife and family. I certainly don't condone it. But, who am I to judge him? I am far from a perfect person myself. Building people up, then trampling them when they stumble serves no purpose to me. I definitely never want to be the on trampled when I stumble, and I stumble often, just not on ESPN.

I may not agree with some of his life choices, but that has no effect on my thought of his game. I think we all should hope he finds his way again on the course. How many times have we all wished we could see just one more amazing Michael Jordan moment, or Wayne Gretzky pass. The greatness flies past us quickly. I hope he has lots of magic moments left. He is the best we've ever seen. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:43 AM

77 for the final round.  That put him 39 strokes worse (what I heard on the radio) then his best finish at the same course.  Ouch.  I know Firestone is a must hit fairway course, but you can still play out from the trees and get yourself a chance for par.  Whats he gonna do at Whistling Straights?  You miss the fairway by just a little and you have trouble.  Think we will have 3rd first timer of the year winning a major, seems like the guys atop the rankings picked the wrong time to be out of sorts.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 10:08 AM

After a very brief chat with my Father, he quickly came up with this list of names: Lanny Wadkins, Lee Trevino, Tom Watson, Nick Faldo, Greg Norman, Ben Crenshaw and a few others who have, one and all, been divorsed in life. Why all the focus on Tiger?

RSS