Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July!

Wed, Jun 9 2021 9:20 AM (109 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:31 PM

Lobsterboy:
    Putting this all together was not easy MC . . . most folk won't know just how busy you are at the moment with work and what not

The event at work was over on Sunday, thank goodness (and the actor Michael Douglas was there, how cool is that).

You're right thou Skip, putting these events together is extremely time consuming but once I have all the Santas lined up it starts to get a little easier. I have learned from my mistakes from last years event and this one as well and hopefully if I decide to do another one it will take a little less time out of my life.

Thanks Skipper!

MC

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:34 PM

I'll take that driver, never mind,  I don't deserve it, well done all and thank you WGT for showing us you care. MC well done Sir, and may the best come to you always. To all the Santas, very nicely done, what a great group of folks here. I applaud you all. I hope we have some happy new campers on WGT.

• standupbasser
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:36 PM

So how do you put your name in?

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:39 PM

First and foremost...thanks MC for the opportunity of letting me join in the fun here , for what you have created and succeeded in! Secondly, well done WGT for participating and showing the people that you guys care...:-))

mrcaddie:
    I have learned from my mistakes from last years event and this one as well

How in the hell you've done this MC , I'll never know, but  can only applaud! Well done my friend, and so glad that you are! I wrote a good friend on here a couple of days ago about how hard it was for me to keep on track and whatnot, and said never again, yet the next day i'm thinking of the changes and making notes of what will make my next time easier, and yes, NEXT TIME much easier...such a worthy cause! :-)) ( at least this time I have 5 more months to prepare) :-))

You Rock!!

• kiminD
    47 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 7:43 PM

marianne404:

I would love a putter, but, as I already received a wedge, I don.t want to be too greedy.

How humble of you.

Atthough, something tells me you might have received that gift under your duplicate account, cos I'm sure the Santas here were smart enough to know not to give to a 150 Level 1 Hack.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:30 PM

MisterWGT:
    We are giving the honor of picking the players deserving of the gifts

MisterWGT:
    So please all put your names in

now I'm confused :)

is it a raffle or a "deserving players" list for MC to compile?
    if it's the latter, I'm not in it, but if it's the former,
    I'd be happy to add my name in the hat for that max pro sleeve,
    never tried those before :)

as to the christmas in july giveaway event,
    well, a round of applause is in order to all that took part in it.
    you've helped a lot of players in need,
    and made the game a little more fun and easy for them.
    very inspiring stuff.

• looselugnutz
    1,372 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:27 PM

A huge Thank You to Wayne (MC) for organizing this, all the Santas who participated so generously, and to MisterWGT for chipping in.  Seriously, no pun intended.  Was an awesome thing to be a part of, I'd imagine a tremendous undertaking on Wayne's part, and truly a fantastic contribution on WGT's behalf.  Kudos to everyone.

loose

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 1:00 AM

Thanks to all the Santa's for making this a great event.

I enjoyed checking in every day, and really appreciated the new club that I received too!

I will not ask for any of the presents on this final day - but I would like to reiterate to anybody arranging a similar event in December that I commit to donating whatever small credit balance I have at that time to the cause.

Well done MC.

Well done WGT

Well done to ALL the Santa's - and particularly Lonnie who gave me 395 credits!!!

Thanks all!

VG

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 3:28 AM

Bump.

• kiminD
    47 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2013 5:03 AM

Sincere thanks to those who made this idea happen, especially mrcaddie and also my very own santa TWOMINUSONE, from whom I've received a putter I was in dire need of.

I also appreciate all the professional manners shown by the Santas despite some of the somewhat quirky nature of some would-be recipients. Having followed some of the Christmas in July threads, I've seen many personalities unraveled:

-some who chose to plainly ignore the criteria listed out by the Santas;

-some wanting the gifts despite them having similar clubs that are waaayyyy superior in their current bags (e.g. owners of Max clubs who still doesn't want to miss out on reaping the slightly low-calibered freebies for their own selfish benefits);

-some who still felt that two gifts weren't enough to 'help' them with this game despite only just starting out (this must put you Santas in some sort of a crisis LOL);

-and also not forgetting the 'humble' ones - some being a little TOO 'humble' in fact it seems they should win accolades for being stealth masters at using reverse psychology.

Despite all those, the Santas handled these in tasteful manners, rather than simply lash out at these individuals for their ill-mannered actions, and I must say I truly respect you Santas for such values.

Furthermore, kudos also to those who are at the other end of the spectrum of the scenarios I listed out above: some who honestly chose to step aside despite fulfilling the criteria and instead let others have a go at the freebies; and also one who stepped up to offer their own replacement gifts to help out a friend;  the truly genuine good ones who should actually be on Santa's list :-)

RSS