Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Balls Are Too Expensive by Nordglanz

Tue, Mar 15 2022 4:14 PM (58 replies)
  • GShepherd
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 12:12 AM

I totally agree....and it didn't take me long to find a thread and post on this topic already.

I just did a comparison with the Titleist Pro V1 golf ball. It's more expensive in game than in "real life"....remember this is just a game!!! And yes, the durability is poor.

I find the cost of clubs is acceptable for a game, but the balls are way out of proportion. I never buy balls because it's crazy price.

The reason why WGT have not done anything about this is probably because players are buying the balls!!!! People...wake up!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:30 AM

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:58 AM

GShepherd:
      I find the cost of clubs is acceptable for a game, but the balls are way out of proportion. I never buy balls because it's crazy price. 

Oh, the irony.

You do realize that the cost of clubs are "way out of proportion" as well, yes? You just find that acceptable because the prices of clubs are skewed to being in your favor. 

Additionally, there are plenty of cheap ball options in the Pro Shop. 

GShepherd:
    The reason why WGT have not done anything about this is probably because players are buying the balls!!!! People...wake up!! 

And the reason many of us continue to buy balls is not that we need to be "woke"; rather, we buy them because we find the prices acceptable. 

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2018 8:44 PM

When I play real golf; I lose some balls and find some balls. Why can't we find some lost balls on WGT?  I think we need to organize and strike

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 5:22 AM

Firstmrmax:
    When I play real golf; I lose some balls and find some balls. Why can't we find some lost balls on WGT?

This is WGT. They lost their balls a long time ago. No one is ever going to find them. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 6:23 AM

Robert1893:
    This is WGT. They lost their balls a long time ago.

LMAO! Thank you Robert, that made my morning.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 6:44 AM

:-) 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2018 7:12 AM

Firstmrmax:

When I play real golf; I lose some balls and find some balls. Why can't we find some lost balls on WGT?  I think we need to organize and strike

^^^ Funny.

I started using the free balls after many years because I realized my game didn't improve much with the costlier balls. Much like my putting didn't improve with a fancy putter. There is a significant difference in distance, but overall my game has remained average. No difference in putting and bs on approaches can be a 2 edged sword depending on the shape of the green.

Paul (Pmm711) made champion using starter balls, so it is possible.

ct

• Glucoseboy
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2021 4:51 PM

Really, its acceptable to charge more for the virtual golf ball than the same real golf ball?  I can buy 12 new pro V1's for 14 dollars in a store, in game they are 675 credits for 3, more than 20 dollars for 12.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 6:31 PM

Glucoseboy:

Really, its acceptable to charge more for the virtual golf ball than the same real golf ball?  I can buy 12 new pro V1's for 14 dollars in a store, in game they are 675 credits for 3, more than 20 dollars for 12.

Yes, it's acceptable.  WGT has to make their money somehow.

On the bright side, they don't charge you greens fees to play, like real-life golf courses do.

If you feel that 675 credits per sleeve for the Pro V1's is too much, the Pro Shop has other less-expensive balls available.

Enjoy your game!

RSS