Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Balls Are Too Expensive by Nordglanz

Tue, Mar 15 2022 4:14 PM (58 replies)
  • SwenNader
    730 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2013 5:19 PM

alanti:

And I am pleased to advise you I am not a Rangers fan, could get nasty if those two fans are in the same room after a few tipples of the local juice.

Finally Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - yes Sponge was the caddy for Mr Davis. Just sold some old equipment so balls on their way.

If they should come up "lost ball" or "Out of bounds" or the other message I get "WGT would like to thank you for your generosity" I am sure we will here all about it in this thread :) 

alanti, you are one class act to say the least.  The "mystery golfer" was just some fun and intrigued me, but to do what you did was truly above and beyond - you are rekindling my faith in humanity and I mean that sincerely as I have also very much enjoyed your posts in the threads in which I have participated.  Thank you very much.

LMAO on the Gers' though, that could have been awkward ;-) and also the WGT message, that was dead on and a true Mastercard moment (I am presuming that you get the same commercials as we do here, but if not the finish of this comment will make no sense) - just priceless!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:35 AM

Hmmm.  FYI,  played with several different balls expensive and cheaper, settled on the Calloway level 33 i(S) ball (250 credits), had trouble holding the green on a few holes so I tried the level 70 Nike 20XI-s for 450 credits with a dot more spin and a dot more distance....don't waste your money, the Nike isn't any better holding the green and isn't as long as the Calloway when it rated a dot longer, even worse it is rated to last the same as the calloway but is taken out of play 18 holes sooner...meter might be a hair slower than the calloway.

(Ping irons with a high loft)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:51 PM

IBTD: I see a difference between the Callies and the Nikes - with my lvl 83 G20.

Point 1 is, I'm not willing to pay for that difference, so I accept some roll in my approaches.

Point 2 is, as you stated, the lvl 70 Nikes are a waste with the lower lvl 59 G20s which you are referring to.

I'm glad that you prove my statement "use balls corresponding to the level of your clubs".

Hit it str8 m8!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2013 8:44 PM

having never played with yours i cant argue but why? Yours and mine both have the same spin and loft rating which is all that affects the ball, mine are not rated as accurate as yours...so why would you see a difference? Unless it has something to do with the greens at your level maybe, but that still has nothing to do with the distance off the tee, or longevity.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 1:42 AM

I have never played yours either but I read your description - thus my conclusion.

Despite of close ratings, there IS a difference obviously (and I hope so, too, given the price difference). The greens may add to the difference to a little respect.

Again, I'm glad about your observations which fit well into my thoughts.

Enjoy the game!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 4:27 AM

Been following this thread hoping WGT had a comment on it, but nothing yet.

Why Shoe has posted this thread then?, to get ideas from us costumers? to give us some good ball offers?, to sale balls cheaper?

Hope we get something good out of this particular thread concerning the best selling WGT product: BALLS!

Eric

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 10:07 AM

re-read my post and it might be taken as a little bit snippy lol....inquisitive was the intent, trying to learn something about this equipment as i advance :-)

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 1:28 PM

Hi Dan, (I excluded the first part of your user ID as I do not want the political correcteness lobby after me) I agree with Alosso that the level 59 G20s do not have the stopping capabilities of the upper level G20s

I understand what you say that the dots are the same (bar precision) but as a player who used both sets I can assure you they are not. Possibly the upper level clubs have an even higher trajectory therefore allowing to get more bite.

When I used the Level 59 clubs, a course like BPG I had little chance of attacking some pins, so I reverted to using a Nike to see the difference - it was negligible as the clubs just could not create the desired spin. The upper level G20s were a huge improvement - but the R11s were a massive improvement, and all using the Cally.

The other major factor is distance, using the lower level clubs and playing approach shots from legends tees - clubs 3-5 irons are hard to stop quicklly, especially to elevated greens - and I found the balls,made little difference.

So again back to Alossos advice - match balls with clubs, and clubs with levels - or you are potentially wasting credits.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 4:08 PM

Thnks, that's what i was looking for...I have no trouble stopping the ball with long irons except for certain uphill holes(4 at BPB being 1, gave up trying but it takes an eagle out of play)...

I have also noticed a hair more distance with the nike while finishing up the sleeve...

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2013 4:32 PM

Yep, I use the Cally Iz less spin slightly longer. I cannot hold BPG #4 with them from my tees, but have tried Nikes with very limited sucess.

Basically I know the distances of the Iz ball and know how the ball will react on an approach, so stick with them - know your tools and half the battle is won.

RSS