Forums

Help › Forums

Favorite golf course

Mon, Jan 13 2014 1:37 AM (56 replies)
  • StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 9:52 AM

I lived a major portion of my life in Miami, FL and for a public course I really want to go back and play:

http://www.crandongolfclub.com/

Smack dab in the middle of Biscayne Bay in Key Biscayne Florida, a short drive over a toll bridge from Miami. You can see Snook, Tarpon, Herons, Flamingos and a lot of other wildlife. I remember it as a beautiful and challenging tract.

SM

• anonymous7881
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2011 11:27 AM

I live in a small town just outside of Rochester, NY. My favorite course is ranked top 5 in the 5 county area and its just great quality and value. its called Brookwoods Country Club. If your in the area try it out.

• Corndog36
    219 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 6:34 AM

There only one place The Home of Northern Ireland Golf  Royal Portrush...

http://www.royalportrushgolfclub.com/

• Ben110
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:41 PM

the best course and the most beautiful ive golfed, with good chances at seeing animals and beautiful landscape, and also very challenging.

• RussianBlue
    7 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 3:07 AM

I can't play anymore due to medical reasons.  I had a number of favorite courses on the US east coast but nowI'm on an extended visit to Scotland and am lucky enough to be staying halfway between Carnoustie and St. Andrews.  I love standing on Swilcan Bridge which has to be the greatest thrill of my now non-golf playing life.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 5:33 PM

My favourite, and 1 of the last I played, is Kantarat (excuse spelling) golf club in Bangkok. Its the course which runs through the old airport. Was great fun playing so close to jumbo jets landing. Also, it was a really well maintained course. This was back in 2001 so don't know what its like now.

Cheers

P

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:10 PM

Russian........

Sorry that you can't enjoy the golf on those great links courses.  I have stood on the bridge as well, although the last time was in a downpour.   To me there is no better course in Scotland than is Carnoustie, I haven't played them all but most of the 'name' courses and while the history is more at St Andrews, the views are better at Turnberry, the golf at Carnoustie is incredible.  My goal was to break 80 from the back tees, my first try was in a 35 mph wind, slight rain and 50 degree temperature.  After a 52 on the front (I was a 3 handicap at the time), my goal quickly became to break 100.  I eagled 17 and only needed a 9 on 18 to keep it in double digits.  After a few wayward shots (18 is a bear of a hole) I manged to get in with a 7 for a 97.  I have since played it a couple of times in better conditions but still have an 83 for my best.

• RussianBlue
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 4:06 AM

Hey Tarheel,

I'd take that breaking 100 at Carnoustie any day and how about that eagle on 17?  That's great!   If it was 50 degrees, you must have been here in the summer and that 35 mph wind sure isn't unusual.  I swear with the wind here you could play both Carnoustie and the Old Course at St. Andrews with a 2 iron, sand wedge and a putter.  I was planning on walking the Old Course this Sunday but the weather has taken a turn for the worse.  Later this week the temp is going to be in the high to mid 30's with a wind chill below zero, more rain and wind as well. I'm glad you made it over the bridge as well.  I dreamed about walking that bridge since I was 12 years old.  To be walking where most of my golf hero's have been is a thrill of a lifetime.

I hope you're in a warm place to play when winter sets in in the states.  There's some great courses around Austin, Texas.

Take care...

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 11:34 AM

When I lived in Puerto Rico I played at this place called Bahia Beach. It was a course without its resort. Gorgeous, spread out through palm groves and wetlands and along the ocean, without a building in sight and hardly any golfers at all. I'd play 36 holes at the twilight rate in 5 hours, have the place all to myself, for 30 bucks.

(Now they've built the resort and it runs about $300.)

• timconnie
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 5:59 PM

im in myrtle beach south carolina.. home to more courses on east coast than anywhere....pick one they all play good...but for price i like heritage plantation..local rate 29 bucks off season which is all winter lol

RSS