Forums

Help › Forums

Favorite golf course

Mon, Jan 13 2014 1:37 AM (56 replies)
  • Gregzter
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 9:39 PM

I've played in quite a few countries but I would have to say that Canada is right up there for quality and value. I live in Quebec at the moment but was in B.C. for many years  my fav course is Furry Creek. If anyone out there has the chance to play there don't miss out.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:25 AM

I'll take Banff Springs anyday in preferrence to anything else Canada has to offer.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 9:54 AM

SweetiePie:

I'll take Banff Springs anyday in preferrence to anything else Canada has to offer.

I once played Banff Springs with my friend on his XBox 360 on some TW game and it looked very nice. Would like to have it here on WGT as well. I also like Glen Abbey.

• fredfox
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 2:02 PM

i have been lucky enough to play in a number of countries, Kenya, Australia, France, Germany and have also been fortunate to play some of the British Open courses through a guy I used to work with, Royal Birkdale, Lytham, but my favourite course is only about 10 miles from where I live, its called Delamere, it is set in the middle of a pine forest has lovely undulating fairways, and a great 19th.  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 4:22 PM

A great 19th!  What could be better?!  I'm there!  Pebble Beach has a great 19th, as well.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:31 AM

Everyone has their favorite local course but I think that WGT has to stick to the well known tracts.  Frankly I would rather have Carnoustie from Scotland than a course there that I have never played or heard of.   Much like the US courses, I would rather see Shinnecock Hills or Wing Foot than some of my local tracts.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:14 AM
    Pine Valley, Southern Hills, Winged Foot, Merion....the dream list is without an end
  • DightonBlue
    42 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:27 AM

Without a doubt, it's Rheinblick in Wiesbaden, Germany.

The last time I played there it was still under the control of the US Army (Morale and Recreation) and I don't know what's become of it since then.  Beautiful view of the Rhein valley, hence, the name, and an absolute joy to play.  It's been over 20 years since I've seen it but the memories are still vivid . . .

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:10 AM

Gregzter:

I've played in quite a few countries but I would have to say that Canada is right up there for quality and value. I live in Quebec at the moment but was in B.C. for many years  my fav course is Furry Creek. If anyone out there has the chance to play there don't miss out.

Two years ago I went with my wife and kids to Niagra falls, I brought the clubs with hoping maybe while my wife shopped I could play a nice 18.  When I got into the hotel room I asked at the front desk about local course, they recomended a John Daly designed course called Thundering Waters the course was great, I played the back tees and shot a pretty impressive 75; my son came with and shot an 115 (he's 7).  The thing I liked best about the course was the GPS Golf Carts, It showed not only our distance from the cart to trouble, front, back, and middle, but also it said if we were on time and where the group ahead and behind us were.

So for all you Canadians out there, I hope you've played there

• rallenhhh
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:50 PM

..any in hawaii (almost)

RSS