Forums

Help › Forums

high levels, low average, still pro or less?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:52 AM

jackasper:
    Figure playing one or two ranked stroke play rounds with an outstanding score say on a par 34 course like the front 9 at Oly. Since averages are based on par 36 when playing 9, and then doubled to 72, they already have a 4 under average just by shooting par. Let's say they make 5 birdies. There is a 58 average right there. ( am I confused or is this correct?)

You are confused. But it really isn't worth worrying about, cheats will always find a way to beat the system. But at the end of the day what are they winning?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:29 PM

Basically, they do it cause they're dirty little cheating bastards that ain't good enough to compete with people from longer tee's.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 1:55 PM

I think some of the high level low tiers are legitimate players, but for sure some are working the system. When I started, I played blitz only and got to something like level 68 Hack. I never felt I was doing anything wrong or working the system. I just felt I didn't know the game well enough to play ranked rounds.

During a blitz another player who was getting his a$$ kicked by yours truly said something like " Someone should question Romax's Hack status". I started playing ranked rounds right after that, but never even thought of what my status appeared to be prior to that comment. I assume there are lots of players who are in that boat and don't feel ready to compete in ranked rounds.  I'm not sure what difference it makes if I was a level 101 Hack, as long as I am playing for fun and not "milking" the system. And BTW..I feel like a level 101 Hack lots of times lately !!

• 719mike
    209 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:52 PM

courteneyfish ,

I think they're winning Ready Go's and Tournements .Lots of credits there .Credits that should be going to honest players, and lucky players , alike . I like to compete , but only if the field is a level playing field . I have a hard enough time playing against players in my own Tier and lower .  I don't think for a minute I could beat a multi-accounted Legend or Tour Legend , posing as a pro or higher,  that knows all the ropes .

So , I feel I'm being cheated out of two parts of this game : Tournements & Ready Go's . But I keep plugging away at Stroke play ,having a laugh or two . My goal is someday to make Legend , make some friends here , and enjoy the scenery .

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:04 PM

geraldlarousse:

m40red:

hi, can anyone tell me why some players have very high levels, a low average, 50's 60's, yet are still on pro or less. I just thought if your levelling up a lot and your average is going down a lot then you would tier up. was just puzzled by this.

stay away from Ready goes until you are a legend. And lastly, do not play MP for credits at anytime before the legend tier!!

Hope this helps. ;)

I cant agree with this...when I made legend it was THEN that I had to back away from ready goes...and as far as MP, if you are a master/TM and are good....you can make a lot of scratch playing MP

Joe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:16 PM

rjteeithi:

I cant agree with this...when I made legend it was THEN that I had to back away from ready goes...and as far as MP, if you are a master/TM and are good....you can make a lot of scratch playing MP

There are many on this site just play the game as they wish, and if that is Blitz only fine. Sadly the there are also way too many milking the system.  What you have stated is reflective of an honest player, and everyone did that I would agree with you. 

The overwhelming picture appears though (leaving Legend + aside) that RGs are paid out to re-starters / multi accounters all too often. Move on to MPC / Skins Challenge and you are playing similar scum.  Skins Challenge I would say assume you are playing 3 Avatars but only one person to any one new I knew. Get to Legend AND have near best equipment then people should by then know enough to take an informed view...................I am overly cynical maybe but WGT do nothing to allay fears.............  

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 10:40 PM

Jimbog1964:

rjteeithi:

There are many on this site just play the game as they wish, and if that is Blitz only fine. Sadly the there are also way too many milking the system.  What you have stated is reflective of an honest player, and everyone did that I would agree with you. 

The overwhelming picture appears though (leaving Legend + aside) that RGs are paid out to re-starters / multi accounters. Move on to MPC / Skins Challenge and you are playing similar scum.  Skins Challenge I would say assume you are playing 3 Avatars but only one person to any one new I knew. Get to Legend AND have near best equipment then people should by then know enough to take an informed view...................I am overly cynical maybe but WGT do nothing to allay fears.............  

+1

Also Jim if you read my post, i say Unless you have very good equipment and very good skills, seems that part got left out.

Yes, they have honest players out there that can hold their own. But.....most of them are just learning this game. Also they make up most of the lower tiers, so with that being said.....have a looky, lol.

These players don't stand a chance, lol. Purse snatching, hehe, or whatever you want to call it. :)

Also any honest player with skills should be able to compete at the legend tier, although we do have some at the TM tier who lurk in the MP area, lol. Wonder what they are doing??...........huh??

Headless Chicken alert!!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:08 PM

If you click on WGT Players and select Tour Pro you'll find a dozen level 90+ players on the first page so there must be hundreds. You can't tell me that they didn't plan to get into that situation. 

• jackasper
    47 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:34 AM

courteneyfish:

You are confused.

Could you please tell me where I am confused?  
    courteneyfish:

But it really isn't worth worrying about

I don't think the op is asking why, but rather, how  these players maintain tier levels well below that which their high levels and very low averages would otherwise suggest

courteneyfish:

But at the end of the day what are they winning?

Really ..?

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:58 AM

(Quote refurbished)

jackasper:
    Figure playing one or two ranked stroke play rounds with an outstanding score say on a par 34 course like the front 9 at Oly. Since averages are based on par 36 when playing 9, and then doubled to 72, they already have a 4 under average just by shooting par. Let's say they make 5 birdies. There is a 58 average right there. ( am I confused or is this correct?)

jackasper:

courteneyfish:

You are confused.

Could you please tell me where I am confused?

I Don't think that you confused anything in your statement, except perhaps that the result is a 58 score, not an average.

5 birds on OLY front nine results in a score of 29 which is doubled for average calc. => 58 as you said.

Mrs. Fish appears to have had her naughty day :)

• PAGES
RSS