Forums

Help › Forums

high levels, low average, still pro or less?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • m40red
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 1:32 PM

hi, can anyone tell me why some players have very high levels, a low average, 50's 60's, yet are still on pro or less. I just thought if your levelling up a lot and your average is going down a lot then you would tier up. was just puzzled by this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                hello again. thanks for your responses but i dont think anyone explained how your average can be in the 50's and 60's yet still be on pro or less. if your average is going down that low then would you not tier up. thanks.

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:13 PM

m40red

you level up by the amount of completed ,,, not your scores. The more rounds you complete the more you level up. As for the low scores they simply shoot poor scores on purpose to stay at that level, simply through a game so to speak. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:11 PM

Only ranked rounds count in moving tiers. Some people pretend that they only like non-ranked rounds.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:42 PM

courteneyfish:
    Some people pretend that they only like non-ranked rounds.

I never could understand the reasoning of players only playing non ranked rounds in the past, but I've come to the understanding that some of the lower tier, newer players don't know about the benefits of playing ranked rounds. This means that WGT needs to do more to add these sentiments to the indoctrination of new members.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:57 PM

m40red:

hi, can anyone tell me why some players have very high levels, a low average, 50's 60's, yet are still on pro or less. I just thought if your levelling up a lot and your average is going down a lot then you would tier up. was just puzzled by this.

Yes, its called working the system. You will see this now more than ever. They will play Alt. shot and practice rounds to level up. Once reached a decent level will buy all the nice equipment and start pounding Ready goes.

Some players also play just for fun. But you will find most of these players do not, lol. Also most of the time these players you speak of are retired legends and tour legends. Unless you have very good equipment, and very good skills, stay away from Ready goes until you are a legend. And lastly, do not play MP for credits at anytime before the legend tier!!

Hope this helps. ;)

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:39 AM

+1 for this good advice by Gerald

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 1:31 AM

geraldlarousse:
    stay away from Ready goes until you are a legend. And lastly, do not play MP for credits at anytime before the legend tier!!

I was just thinking this the other day when I scrolled through the Tiers in a Comp I just played....  Looking at the scores in the Hacks Tier...all in the middle to high 20's...

Thinking seeing that... My Goodness... the real Newbies these days have no chance.

Yes... when you get to the higher Tiers....  your at least good enough to have a chance in the comps.

-Roger

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 2:37 AM

mantis0014:

I was just thinking this the other day when I scrolled through the Tiers in a Comp I just played....  Looking at the scores in the Hacks Tier...all in the middle to high 20's...

Yep, I have done the same, and boy the "newbies" sure have picked up the game a lot quicker than I did!

Great advice by Gerald and would be prudent to follow this advice.

But it is a great game and do not get deterred by this, just play your game and enjoy.

When Gerald runs for President of the non multi/sandbaggers Society, he gets my vote!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 7:28 AM

Be nice if something was done. JOKE (BAD ONE) CITY!   

• jackasper
    47 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:32 AM

So, a very high level, low average pro or less... Say, for example, a level 90 pro with a 58 average or similar (not sure I have seen many).

I would think it's possible, I guess, if the person has played a hell of a lot of practice rounds and gathered the needed amount of xp to continue leveling up. Of course they have the option to buy their way to level 64 at $2 - $3 a level. Figure playing one or two ranked stroke play rounds with an outstanding score say on a par 34 course like the front 9 at Oly. Since averages are based on par 36 when playing 9, and then doubled to 72, they already have a 4 under average just by shooting par. Let's say they make 5 birdies. There is a 58 average right there. ( am I confused or is this correct?)

I could be way off base there, but the temptation for some to start playing pro level ready go's from the short tees all dressed out in level 90 gear is just to great... It just seems too obvious to me, but like all the guys/gals that replied already said, they think they can beat the system at our expense. 

So in short, they don't want to tier up because each time a pro turns master, and master turns legend, the holes get much longer. Thus harder to play with lower level equipment.

• PAGES
RSS