Forums

Help › Forums

Firefighters in Arizona

Tue, Jun 30 2020 7:49 PM (58 replies)
  • txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:46 PM

So many good people here.....My thoughts and condolences are heavy.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:30 AM

ty, all

• jlucky3333
    1,215 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:02 PM

My prayers go out to all lost in the fire and their families. God bless all.

Firefighters they are a breed of their own. They work long days and sleep short nights. They go for hours sometimes days on end with only a precious little bit of sleep.

Yet they do their job well and voluntarily.

A firefighter can quit at any time, no one is there looking over our shoulder telling us we can’t quit, but we don’t quit in spite of that. And when you ask one of us why, there is a pause and then an “I don’t really know” or, “I can’t really put my finger on it”. The only way I can describe it is a feeling deep in your gut that you can’t ignore, something there telling you that this is what you are here to do.

A group may enter a department for no reason at all, just looking for something to do, but of that group one or two will get their first taste of fire and realize that this is in their heart, and they will do it until they are physically unable to.

Then there are those who grew up with firefighter dads and found something magical about the way he would go off Tuesday and come back Friday with a tired look on his face but with a certain gleam of pride in his eye that told you he loved what he was doing. Or when he’d go off in the middle of the night at the sound of his pager and come back later that day with that same gleam in his eye.  Despite utter exhaustion.

Some say that firemen are just thrill-seekers, looking for a quick rush. Others, those who have experienced them first hand say they are warriors. They come at a moments notice and seem to stare down at the fire; they trample on the dance floor of the devil wearing the boots of god.

These reasons are all merely speculations, nobody will ever know what makes a fireman a fireman, but one thing is for sure, the men who don’t abuse the power respect others, and love the job for what it is. They are firemen night and day.

They are the true firemen of the world; they are the public servants and protectors of the innocent.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:12 AM

jlucky3333:

My prayers go out to all lost in the fire and their families. God bless all.

Firefighters they are a breed of their own. They work long days and sleep short nights. They go for hours sometimes days on end with only a precious little bit of sleep.

Yet they do their job well and voluntarily.

A firefighter can quit at any time, no one is there looking over our shoulder telling us we can’t quit, but we don’t quit in spite of that. And when you ask one of us why, there is a pause and then an “I don’t really know” or, “I can’t really put my finger on it”. The only way I can describe it is a feeling deep in your gut that you can’t ignore, something there telling you that this is what you are here to do.

A group may enter a department for no reason at all, just looking for something to do, but of that group one or two will get their first taste of fire and realize that this is in their heart, and they will do it until they are physically unable to.

Then there are those who grew up with firefighter dads and found something magical about the way he would go off Tuesday and come back Friday with a tired look on his face but with a certain gleam of pride in his eye that told you he loved what he was doing. Or when he’d go off in the middle of the night at the sound of his pager and come back later that day with that same gleam in his eye.  Despite utter exhaustion.

Some say that firemen are just thrill-seekers, looking for a quick rush. Others, those who have experienced them first hand say they are warriors. They come at a moments notice and seem to stare down at the fire; they trample on the dance floor of the devil wearing the boots of god.

These reasons are all merely speculations, nobody will ever know what makes a fireman a fireman, but one thing is for sure, the men who don’t abuse the power respect others, and love the job for what it is. They are firemen night and day.

They are the true firemen of the world; they are the public servants and protectors of the innocent.

VERY nice words James. You put together a heart felt view of yet another tragedy.  

• AzGuide
    267 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:51 AM

Folks I cant say thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers, things are looking up as far as the fire goes, it is now 80 percent containd, we opened up the north end to allow the folks at peoples valley back in, but the town of yarnell is still closed, the town of yarnell lost 139  homes and buildings, 

here is a pic I would like to share

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:57 AM

Using the image on our CC homepage. My Uncle flies Sikorsky heli-tankers fighting fires all over the world. 

Just tragic. RIP

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:12 AM

Although the Band of Brothers CC is mainly designed to be a home for Military vets, currently serving members, family and supporters, I have said before that heroes are found in many professions...the brotherhood of firefighters are certainly no exception..,,,,RIP

• AzGuide
    267 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:32 AM

I want to thank all of you who have placed my avatar as yours for the last few days, 

thanks guys

startin to get back to normal if there ever will be such a thing, the yarnell 19 are all back home now, with a big memoial service planned for tommarow, I really wanted to attend but is going to be closed to VIPs and family members only because the Vice Prez is going to be there, it was amazing yesterday to watch the caravan that took them back home as it came back from phx to prescott, thousnds of ppl lined the road with flags sighns to wish them well, 

another bright spot is we are now letting residence of yarnell back in to see there homes wheather they are standing or burnt, 

I will be coming off the road block tonight and this will be my last 14 hour shift, its been a long long week, I hope to be back playing in the next couple of days, 

thanks again guys, 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:16 PM

I am Francois some of you ,know me , i  am holder, so i have seen many things, and it is for that reason that i join in all  prayers ,respect in Threads like this one  for all the terrible things life has in store for us human .           One terrible thing appened in my own province  yesterday ,a run away train  crashed in a famous town in Quebec Canada , it was filled with Gas product ,   it blew up in a town center ,  so far they have  13  dead ,  a bar  close by  had 50 peoples in it  there is  nothing left  ,and  many houses with family have burned to nothing , so the count will go up ,  i Hope some of our prayers for the firefigthers  will become a prayer for all the tragic  accidents that has appened this last week ....        I felt this was the place to say what i feel like today ............ using this Thread  was the only thing i could do to say they (the lost one)  will not be forgoten    .                  Frapp           

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:36 PM

Was watching the news tonight and saw the  terrible  tragedy the happened in Quebec and  the  first thing I tough was, hope it wasn' t Farpp's town. More thoughts going out tonight Frapp. 

RSS