Forums

Help › Forums

Firefighters in Arizona

Tue, Jun 30 2020 7:49 PM (58 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:26 AM

I proudly wear a St Michael medallion...one of Gods' Archangels and patron saint of the protectors...police, firefighters and military. I look at it daily and think of the many heroes we have lost over the years...wars, natural disasters, etc....God bless them all

ct

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:31 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these unsung heros. They did what they were trained to do. You never know when something goes wrong and your number is called. Heaven can sleep safe knowing they are protected 24/7. I have family members who are fire men and fire women. May they rest in peace and watch over their brothers and sisters who are still actively serving.

Renni

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:51 AM

GOD BLESS THEM, MAY THEY REST IN PEACE.    (Retired FF)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:37 PM

mgbirish, This is a great thing you did.  I live in Arizona where forest and brush wild fires are all too common in the summer.  The whole state mourns the 19 brave men who gave their lives protecting others. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends and to all active firefighters my thanks and may God protect you.

Andy

I found this similar but more specific alternative tribute on the Internet and will display it for 19 days in tribute.  Feel free to also display it.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:42 PM

very nice andy, let's keep this going WGT!

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 5:51 PM

mgbirish:
    I ask you to use this avatar, in memorial to the 19 heroes, that lost their lives trying to protect others!

On behalf of The Elite CC our thoughts and prayers are with all the families who lost loved ones. These firefighters gave of themselves saving 100's if not 1000's of lives ultimately sacrificing there own lives doing what they loved to do. I display this memorable status on behalf of The Elite CC. Jeff 

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:05 PM

The death of HERO'S is always sad.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:27 PM

I spent 6 yrs as a volunteer firefighter in a twn of 20,000  in west Texas near Lubbock...I saw many bad wildfires out there and i saw the dangers first-hand...When that back fire starts towards you...you have a mere few seconds to react..and if you go the wrong way..you can become trapped and not be able to get out of it....These firefighters died doin a job most men would not do....these are he ones who run INTO danger instead of running away from it...My heart goes out to their families and as in every disaterous action I hope and pray that they create some kind of way to preent this from happening again...RING THE ALARM 19 TIMES  19 FIREFIGHTERS JUST ENDED THEIR TOUR OF DUTY

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:29 PM

mgbirish:
    To my fellow WGT golfers, I ask a favor

Done, unsure how I missed this thread.

I have two cousins, one retired and one still in the Fire Dept.

It's an honor to fly the logo.

• TigerLuvsBush
    491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:57 PM

Brothers, husbands, uncles, nephews, sons, cousins, friends;

We will remember them ..

We have had our share of bushfire tragedies in Australia, your mates Down-Under are thinking of you in this saddest of times.

RSS