Forums

Help › Forums

Practice Tips?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2009 7:25 AM (6 replies)
  • LSUFitz
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 7:14 PM

Any practice tips for approach shots people use to learn to get the ball closer to the hole.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 7:39 PM

Get to know the carry distances of your clubs, especially the longer irons, and know how much they will run after they land.  Play the first hole over and over kinda like a driving range and study different length approaches.  Hit a 6 or 5 iron off the tee to set up a longer approach and practice.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 7:45 PM

Learn to use all of the shots in your bag.  Chips, pitches, flops & punches all come in handy in different situations.  Try out different things to see what works and try to recognize the tendencies of each shot type.

• LSUFitz
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 8:14 PM

Thanks for the tips.  Work in progress kinda like the real game.

• ShawnForrest
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2009 5:17 PM

i am glad you said this, its good info guys thanks been playing for about 2 weeks, best i shot was -4 on the back nine,

but thats it, still struggle with hitting the perfect mark, is that normal,

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2009 5:59 PM

You really want to listen to those two ( Avatarlee and Nivlac ). I've been playing since Feb. and finally shot a 30 on the back 9 today. I still never hit the perfect mark everytime, but learning to deal with your second shot is half of the game. Once you get that under control the putting game is next. Most of all, just enjoy playing this wonderful game.

Have fun

Mike

• targetnut
    9 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 7:25 AM

Hey LSUFitz,

I'm new; but, just found under "stroke play" the ability to do practice. I've been working on 3 holes to get the same shot over and over.

It lets me tweek on how I make the shot and I have shorter time span that the shoots repeat. I wish we had a driving range to go to. Maybe some day?

As in real golf it takes time to learn the different shots and then you have to do it over and over. Hope this helps.

RSS