Help › Forums

TWO and that dreaded lag ??

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:52 AM (9 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 12:38 AM

Hi All,

Heres something really interesting I noticed on TWO the other night.

I was just having a look on the site and having a fun hit on one of the free courses, (the only free course)  when I noticed in the chat window a couple of players were a bit peeved at the lag and stutter they were experiencing on the site. One of the players suggested gamebooster as a solution to the problem - if only they knew ?? Interesting eh ?

I must say when I had my game there was a lot of stuttering on the graphics. It was not smooth at all. I was really surprised. I didnt notice a lot of problem with the swing meter to be honest, but it was not a smooth game at all.

Maybe its a traffic issue on the site ??

Anyway just thought I would make mention of it - I did have a bit of a chuckle to myself. Looks like they've caught the dreaded disease too  lol

Cheers

Doug 

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:20 AM

hmmm Doug I wonder if its because the two site is in beta along with wgt.

Just the wondering of an old man. :-))

J

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 5:45 AM

Hey John,

No - I dont think so. Its been as smooth as for a long time. TWO has actually been out of Beta for a while now - so ??????

Dont forget - you're only as young as you feel :-)  I must say I'm feeling pretty old myself right now lol. My games turning to sh1t lol.

Cheers

Doug

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:17 PM

dorkfeatures:
    Maybe its a traffic issue on the site ??

Far be it from me to defend the competitor, but traffic is not their problem either.  It's the same story there as it is here.  Some players are just unable to run the graphics required to play the game.  Back when I was just a player I tried 'em out for a while and I couldn't play the game smoothly unless I played on St. Andrews in a window that was less than half the size of my desktop.

If I played a full-size window or if I played on any course with a decent amount of trees (trees are hard on your GPU) then the stuttering and skipping appeared in force.  This is all hardware related (framerate skip) and has nothing to do with connection speed or their server capacity.  Their game, like ours, is rendered on the user's PC and the hardware must be up to snuff.  Those users are likely bottoming out on requirements or have some other stuff bogging down their PC's.  In my case, I just bottomed out on requirements.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:24 PM

Hi Niv,

Thanks for that. Yeh - I'm not a PC buff I'm afraid.

It was just odd thats all. I had never seen that problem before and then - bingo its there. I have a fairly top end computer too with plenty of umph.

Thanks again for your responce.

Cheers

Doug

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 6:48 PM

I would only say that this story is not so cut and dry.

If I say much else my post won't make it through moderation. lol

That being said.. i've never had any issue with TWO..

It's just that WGT is way better.. and more realistic so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah I actually said something positive about WGT. Stop the press.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:33 PM

Hi smason

smason77:
    That being said.. i've never had any issue with TWO..

Neither had I until I saw it for myself the other day. The chat lines were also running hot on the topic - so theres something to it.

Good to see a nice positive post lol

Cheers

Doug

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 10:13 AM

Sorry Niv, I don,t completely buy into your theory. I play alot of TWO in addition to WGT.

90% of the time my meter is perfect on both games. At other times its not..after a reboot. after a defrag, after running ACS to clean my registry etc. It just don't matter. And I have an upper end machine.

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:28 PM

Niv, if you guys have nailed down the requirement for the graphics card, you really need to publish what that requirement is.  I've been here a long time and this is the first time that I have heard of a graphics card requirement.  If you guys know, post it in the Optimize post in the Help section. 

• dcrane62
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:52 AM
    I have a very high-end, gaming-specific machine. I can run World of Warcraft at max resolution and distance, and even in 25-man raids, or the most crowded capital cities, everything there runs smoothly. I know that I experience a higher frame rate than 90% of the people there. I don't think that my graphics card, or my computer is the issue. While I think the easy answer is to blame the end-user machine, I don't think that's the case here. You have something else going on.
RSS