Forums

Help › Forums

Cracked Game

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 14 2013 5:46 AM (48 replies)
  • owright3
    26 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:42 PM

Yes, I am just a player who loved WGT when I stumbled upon it two years ago. 1150 rounds later, I still get a lot of satisfaction. I bought good clubs, buy good balls. I sit at Tour Master, and have no idea why I don't move to Legend. That's ok, though,  the least of my worries in this life. I do not enter many tournaments, however, because I cannot match clubs with the cheaters, and it just ends up ruining the WGT experience for me. For example, the current cut line for the Open is 57 or 58- who honestly shoots scores like hat consistently? My high score after 1150 rounds was a 28 (9 holes), and I know that was a once in a lifetime round. How I wish we were all on a level playing field.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:51 PM

owright3:
    honestly shoots scores like hat consistently?

FFS...do you read the forum, or jump on the whiney wagon?

No one shoots those score consistently, many have the ability to shoot low, and post a low score.  .

Damn I am tired of you whiney assed piss ants that just think "Aim-ding-Ding" is a given birdie.

owright3:
    How I wish we were all on a level playing field.

We're not...if you and I played, we'd both use roughly the same clubs...but you'd have 20-50+ tee yard advantage on me...how's that a level playing field?

Really pissses me off when those who can't whine like little school girls, about those who can.

Rant over...thanks for making my evening.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:44 PM

Good post Mike. There's been too many of those posts lately.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:23 PM

Thanks Rich,

Hope I kept it PG rated...wanted to go further, but Icon would B-slap me;)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 12:07 AM

owright3:
      Yes, I am just a player who loved WGT when I stumbled upon it two years ago. 1150 rounds later, I still get a lot of satisfaction. I bought good clubs, buy good balls. I sit at Tour Master, and have no idea why I don't move to Legend. 

Looking at your equipment and stats the things that stand out for me are that you have slow metered irons, a mid metered 3wood and a fast metered driver. Also although your GIR is ok your driving stat is low which I guess means that you miss a lot of dings on drives due to the speed of the R9. A full set of G20's or R11's would definitely improve your scores. I hope this helps.

• AGibbs1
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jun 5 2013 6:13 PM

suidulum:

I'd have to agree that it is impossible.  I can hit the ding a lot of the times, but just be off a little bit in a cross wind and there goes your round.  When WGT states that if you get caught using one of these programs to cheat you'll  be banned.  I doubt that they could ban a person.  I doubt that they could even detect one of these cheater programs.  They can't even work out the bugs on the putting views on Kiawah.  The game was written in stages by different people it appears to me.  So here's the thing the meter is done in flash client side the only way they can keep people from cheating would be to use a server side application instead.  This would take a major rewrite from a team that can barely maintain their existing code.  As Charlie Sheen said "I already got your money dude".   

I understand that completely about the service side application; but if WGT states that and they all sit "next" to the admin, I wouldn't risk it. However if you're feeling ballsy, you're always at free will to try it.

Just don't say you wasn't warned!

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:57 PM

OK, I looked over your profile, and see you've made a pretty penny off of WGT- almost 5 grand. For the most part, your scores have been steady, and low as far back as I am allowed to look. I don't see any high scores, but of course you could have forfeited rather than sully your record.

You obviously dismiss the possibility that there are cheaters on WGT. That alone arouses my suspicion. Why do we have a "putter pal" now? WGT is trying to rein in those who may be tempted to look to the internet for help. It's not far removed from what's out there, I have looked, but said, "no thanks".

All the talk about "whining" is laughable. I stated the obvious, without an ounce of disloyalty to WGT. They have provided me plenty of entertainment in the past 4 years. I have good games, and bad ones, just like we do on  real fairway. Don't let me get in your way, but I do think, to quote Shakespeare, "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." That's what guilty people do.

• owright3
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:02 PM

Thank you sooooo much Courteneyfish. Your help is much appreciated, and I definately appreciate the spirit in which it was given. It was in that same spirit that I voiced my opinion.  Thanks for your voice of reason.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:14 PM

owright3:

OK, I looked over your profile, and see you've made a pretty penny off of WGT- almost 5 grand. For the most part, your scores have been steady, and low as far back as I am allowed to look. I don't see any high scores, but of course you could have forfeited rather than sully your record.

You obviously dismiss the possibility that there are cheaters on WGT. That alone arouses my suspicion. Why do we have a "putter pal" now? WGT is trying to rein in those who may be tempted to look to the internet for help. It's not far removed from what's out there, I have looked, but said, "no thanks".

All the talk about "whining" is laughable. I stated the obvious, without an ounce of disloyalty to WGT. They have provided me plenty of entertainment in the past 4 years. I have good games, and bad ones, just like we do on  real fairway. Don't let me get in your way, but I do think, to quote Shakespeare, "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." That's what guilty people do.

You must be speaking to me.

I've WD'ed from maybe 5 -10 CC Tourneys after tossing balls in the water or going OOB in the past two years...I've WD'd from maybe 3 or 4 RG's out of the 1000's? I have played...I've no issue posting a 58 or a 68...a 27 or a 37...so take another look at my score history, and you'll see the high scores as well.

PS...A high score does nothing to my average, zip, nada...my "average" can only go down...if I were concerned about bringing it down, why would I post a 31 or 30-whatever?

William got it wrong...he should have said..

"Thou bitchest too much about those who can, for they never will".  That's what whiners do.

RSS