Forums

Help › Forums

Quickest way to level up..

Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:49 AM (22 replies)
  • AcesInc
    5 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 4:57 AM

There are some really good tips in this section for sure. A few  things I might recommend though is getting a good putter as soon as you can. I bought the 1st available Spider  as soon as I reached the required level and it  made a huge difference in my scoring average, 3 to 5 strokes easily.  Also a better driver makes things so much easier.  Even a slight upgrade in your irons for as little as 49 credits is really helpful too and at least one decent wedge. I'd recommend the Ping  60 or 64 degree, they're very good for the price and will serve you well for quite a while.  When it comes to golf balls, that's a choice that depends on the clubs you have, how much you're willing to spend and whether you're looking for more distance, spin, feel or all of the above. My perosnal favorite is the Callaway Tour iS, 250 credits and it's a really good ball with a bit of everything. Also the WGT Tour SD is a really good ball for the price, only 64 credits if I remember correctly.  

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 10:23 PM

alosso:

- start buying balls as a Tour Pro, work your way through the list from cheap to expensive. Try to avoid using a ball with higher level than your main clubs.

I'd actually disagree with this; the 10c distance balls make a big difference with starter clubs (5+ yards a shot, give or take) and are very durable. I think an amateur would be able to put them to good use.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2013 1:25 AM

I know the feeling of being new here and thinking the game is way to difficult.  I signed up here, played a few CTTH rounds and left for several weeks, then decided to give it another go one day and am totally hooked.

I would advise playing stroke play rather than CTTH, firstly you get more experience for it and secondly you get to play all sorts of shots, not just approaches.   If you're short of time then obviously do whatever keeps your daily bonus going.

Watch the videos every day for free credits, it's not much but it does mount up after a while, surveys pay better but I find they rarely work.  I answer the first few selection questions and get told I'm not what they're looking for.  A week or 2 of watching videos should get you enough for these.  They're not the best around but for the same price as half a Max ball they are great value and noticeably better than what you have.  To find the videos click on Get Credits, Earn Free Credits, then select More Offers.

One other tip: Never, ever be tempted to play with the EZ-Swing clubs, they're pure junk.

And have fun, that's what it's all about.  Don't worry about trying to compete with the big dogs, play your own game and enjoy yourself.

Oh and try to find a good country club, this can make the game a whole lot more enjoyable.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 7:44 AM

mmyers0:

alosso:

- start buying balls as a Tour Pro, work your way through the list from cheap to expensive. Try to avoid using a ball with higher level than your main clubs.

I'd actually disagree with this; the 10c distance balls make a big difference with starter clubs (5+ yards a shot, give or take) and are very durable. I think an amateur would be able to put them to good use.

Actually, there seems not to be any disagreement. Both the Starter clubs and the WGT balls (1) have no level limit, so the don't fall under my rule of thumb :)

(1) except for the Legend balls.

Side note: There are the WGT "Lexus" balls with a level 1 limit. Which relevance would this have as every player starts with level 1?

Addendum: And then there are the Heart Vapor balls, denoted as "L0+", making me grow a big question mark out of the skull.

LOL!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 9:53 AM

Please post photos of question mark growing out of skull.

• TeacHa
    186 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 8:33 PM

alosso:

Side note: There are the WGT "Lexus" balls with a level 1 limit. Which relevance would this have as every player starts with level 1?

Addendum: And then there are the Heart Vapor balls, denoted as "L0+", making me grow a big question mark out of the skull.

LOL!

Don't forget the WGT Starter Balls (Slow Meter) lvl 1+ for 100cr LOL!

Why they exist? Who knows, I can't think of a functional person buying any of those 3 anyway (except the heart balls maybe as they have "somewhat decent" stats)

Who'd buy the lexus ball with 1 point in Durability and 1 point in Feel for 125 credits or the WGT "slow meter" balls with the same attributes for 100cr?

There are the WGT Tour-GI-SD Balls e.g. with 1 point in Dur, 1 in Feel, 2 in Spin and 2 in Distance for 112 credits.

Those (Slow Meter) notes behind their Name (Lexus / WGT Starter Balls) are a complete joke and might be the reason some...lets say... not that bright people would actually buy them, LOL.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2013 10:37 PM

TeacHa:

Don't forget the WGT Starter Balls (Slow Meter) lvl 1+ for 100cr LOL!

They have to be the most stupid item in the pro shop, so little feel, so little durability, zero distance or spin.  And 100 credits.  Really, what is the point?

For someone who plays with Raptures or can handle a fast meter the Tour SD are brilliant value at 65 for a sleeve.  I haven't tried any of the other budget balls, once I tried Cally's I was hooked.  Until I tried Nikes.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2013 2:01 AM

Doublemochaman:

Please post photos of question mark growing out of skull.

• RickyMoo
    325 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 7:14 PM

While I do agree with you in general alosso, there are a few things that you proposed as a "do not start" that I disagree with you on. 

My belief is the opposite when starting to upgrade and choose clubs.

-(wedges and putters) are SCORING clubs. as such they are first on my list when considering upgrading starter equipment. I cant remember the last time I posted a good score because I drove the ball 15- 20 yds farther down the fairway, or landed my approach shots 5- 10 ft closer to the green. All this will be washed away with skilled wedge play and accurate distance control putting.

With that said, my advice is as follows:

do start to buy a putter  at level 19 Spyder 

do start to buy wedges at level 14 ATV or Ping at lvl 19

(option) wait to buy Rapture full set (comes w/2 Ping wedges) great deal lvl 25

I do not even carry a wood or hybrid 90% of the time..opting for 4 wedges. 

Again, my personal opinion is that most players here at WGT do not understand the

different swing types offered in a wedge and or how and when to use them.

I speak from experience...lol     " Peace"  moooo!!

P.S. Would like to thank Ibbie 4 his profound affect on my game...great information, from a proven, highly skilled WGT player  "Thanks Ibbie"

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 10:33 PM

RickyMoo:

With that said, my advice is as follows:

do start to buy a putter  at level 19 Spyder 

do start to buy wedges at level 14 ATV or Ping at lvl 19

(option) wait to buy Rapture full set (comes w/2 Ping wedges) great deal lvl 25

I do not even carry a wood or hybrid 90% of the time..opting for 4 wedges. 

So our opinions differ - I'm fine with that.

I know that a player can move one or more levels per day with the CDP bonus until the 40s levels. Therefore patience is a big shopping helper & saver.

Putter - I want beginners not to buy the Spider. At that time, their biggest problem may be their level of practice rather than the quality of material - save 400 crs while waiting for a better one.

Wedges - I'd skip the ATV and consider the Pings (less expensive) or above, it's only 1,400 XPs wait.
    Three or four wedges are good for a player of raised experience and material, but a waist until a player has bought custom irons - they don't fit under the Starter PW of 90 yds.

How long would a player experience support by the lvl 25 set? Tour Pro? If you can't wait for another month, spend the credits, but there are smarter ways to do it IMHO.

Have fun!

RSS