Forums

Help › Forums

Spacebar Issue

Sun, Apr 4 2021 9:03 AM (143 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 11:03 AM

I know everyone has been having a issue with the spacebar in Google chrome.  We did a lot of testing and quick fixes and below is pretty much what the conclusion is.

We believe that the reason this issue is occurring is due to the most recent Flash update. Players can resolve this situation by disabling Pepper Flash in their account settings. However, please keep in mind that disabling this plug-in may affect the performance of the game.

We greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred. Our recommendation, until Flash releases a new upgrade that hopefully resolves the issue, is to use a different browser or use the underscore character as a space bar.

Follow the steps below to disable the new PepperFlash.

1. Open the Chrome Plugins page by typing this URL into the address bar: chrome://plugins
      chrome-plugins
    2. Find the "[+] Details" button in the upper right to show the details of each installed plugin and click this button.
      chorme-plugins-details
    3. Find the Flash Plugin Section in the list of Plugins.  There may be (2 files) or (3 files) in this section.
      chrome-plugins-details-flash
    4. In the Flash section there should be 2 or 3 different versions of Flash listed.  If the Flash section only has one Flash file listed, Click Here to go to the Adobe website and download and install the Adobe Flash Plugin for Non-Internet Explorer browsers. 
    5. The first Plugin listed in the Flash section is the PepperFlash implementation.  You can tell that the first one is PepperFlash by looking for "PepperFlash" in the Location string.  See yellow highlight below.
    6. Find the "Disable" link and click that link.
      chrome-plugins-details-pepflash
    7. Now Close all open Chrome windows and tabs and restart Chrome

Note: If no video will play or the website says that Flash is not installed after disabling PepperFlash, go back and Read Step 4 again more carefully.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for playing World Golf Tour.

- WGTdbloshoe

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:21 PM

any of you know if windows 8 supports the older version ? step 4 does not have a option for 8 ...

ok , went to Adobe and found one other version that did not contain "pepper" , the space bar worked but the meter was almost unplayable ...

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 1:02 AM

filmslayer:

any of you know if windows 8 supports the older version ? step 4 does not have a option for 8 ...

ok , went to Adobe and found one other version that did not contain "pepper" , the space bar worked but the meter was almost unplayable ...

It should not be dependant on the Windows version but on the browsers.

Mind you that Pepperflash is a version internal to Chrome. Any installation via Adobe will add another version and these are likely to come into conflict.

Thus you'll have to deactivate Pepperflash as indicated by Shoe in steps 5 and 6.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 5:07 AM

it was disabled Alosso. i have latest 11, 7,700,176 the only other one that was available for me 11,7,70,167 .... i'll.just.go.back.to.typing.like.this.... look at my score history , you'll see the round i tried the older non- pepper version ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 5:58 AM

Shoe-Resize your inserts to 480 or less to get the whole picture in the post.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 6:30 AM

YankeeJim:

Shoe-Resize your inserts to 480 or less to get the whole picture in the post.

Here's what Jim is talking about

Setting width = 460 like this:

Gives this in the post.....

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:49 AM

I'm a Firefox guy.  Space bar issues have never come up, and flash player plug-in crashes have gone down as of late.  I'm gettin' by...

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:55 AM

Mike,

which Flash version do you use, which FF?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:58 PM

Its a well known issue of the WGT meter not working well with Chrome and Pepperflash enabled.

Now WGT is saying Chrome with Pepperflash enabled also causes the spacebar problem.

Are you positive about that WGT?

I only say this because I've been in several AS where individuals have the spacebar problem but no complaints about their meter.

Is there now a version of Pepperflash that solved the WGT meter problem?

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:25 PM

andyson:

Is there now a version of Pepperflash that solved the WGT meter problem?

i think so Andy . the latest is  11,7,700,176 . my old machine had meter issues with pepperflash , i think that one was like 11,4 ...

RSS