Forums

Help › Forums

Spacebar Issue

Sun, Apr 4 2021 9:03 AM (143 replies)
  • Steveqbi
    30 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 2:41 AM

Yep - read the first post and got rid of pepperflash as it said. But in doing so, this created other problems as I've said too.

I think the best idea would be to fix wgt so we can operate Chrome as it should be used.

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 1:40 AM

Still not fixed? Funny, flash app on all other sites have no problem with the spacebar, only WGT? It is your problem WGT, not Google's or Adobe's...

FIX IT FIUNALY!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 12:02 PM

Try a lightweight browser. You might like it.

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 11:01 PM

No, I will not change my browser and my workflow only because that WGT is unable to fix this game. And I used Maxthon years ago, not bad, but Chrome is best solution for me right now.

• Steveqbi
    30 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 4:16 AM

With CHROME, if you disable pepperflash, you get other problems -

* Can't use mouse scrollwheel to change clubs

* When you click aim, you bring up the adobe flash webpage

* Your meter stutters when putting

* Your meter speed is more variable when driving or pitching.

Now, WGT could bring up a fix for each of these too. But what if the fixes for those also craete another few problems each. How long is it going to take for WGT to fix WGT rather than asking us to compensate by degrading our web browser?

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 1:51 AM

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 2:16 AM

I just copy " " from word before playing and use ctr-v instead of space.. Bit slower but quick enough.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 2:53 AM

ScottHope:
    Considering all the combinations of hardware and software that ones PC can contain and the processes it decides to get up to when you least want it to, it's amazing that anything works at all, (that's no help to anyone Scotty!).
    +1 Scott!

Being a Firefox follower, I read on their homepage of problems with Flash crashes - what should any applicant like WGT do against this?

I went to Maxthon for a while...

We have to adapt to the various problems resulting from the different developments. Browser brand and version + Flash version often outplay WGT's programming.

Those who refuse to hone their local PC kick themselves out of the game.

Disclaimer: This doesn't imply that the game is error-free.

• meaux1959
    6 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 4:17 PM

guys.every body dogs internet explorer,but it works perfectly fine for me,no issues at all. I do a refresh between every game and it keeps all my probs away.

• marioh99
    57 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2013 5:59 PM

i tried a few rounds with the regular flash on chrome, and i see the difference almost immediately.

for me, pepper flash is a much better alternative in chrome when it comes to the swing meter.   i'm disabling the newer flash and going back to pepper flash, space bar issue and all.

though i will admit, i regularly stream flash content (in Firefox) on another monitor while playing the game.   in my typical config of pepper flash/Chrome for WGT, firefox for stream, i almost never have any issues with the swing meter.

RSS