Help › Forums

Spacebar Issue

Sun, Apr 4 2021 9:03 AM (143 replies)
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 8:02 PM

WigerToods2010:

Gerald,

The highlighted file is the one you want I reckon...

Thanks mate. I installed that version and had no problems installing. But..... again meter is unplayable with that version.

Switched back to pepper again..... smooth as butter..hehe.

Guess i need to just try a few different versions when i have the time.

Right this moment pepper is the king. As long as meter is good i can live with no space bar for now.

;)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 11:11 PM

How is the spacebar issue John?

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2013 2:42 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

How is the spacebar issue John?

What spacebar issue??? :) 

For the 1st time in about 6 months I have 4/4 of the following that I mentioned previously;

WigerToods2010:

My wgt utopia is as follows:

1. Decent meter

2. Good graphics

3. Ability to use chat box whilst in multi player games.

4. Playing in full screen mode.

Alas, one downside for those I'm in a round with is that apparently I never ruddy shut up!

Happy hittin' to one et al!

:O)

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:23 AM

Install a flash player in Chrome, disable a flash player in Chrome, stop Chromes pepperflash from re-enabling itself, click the icon below for a powerpoint 'how to' presentation on all these things.

Just in case you don't have a party to go to  ; )

Happy New Year everyone.

• Coaltar
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:27 PM

Just thought I'd add some info regarding my own experiences with this issue.

Using the last version of Chrome on Windows 7 with only Chrome's built-in Flash Player 12 installed/enabled I get the space bar issue, but great performance otherwise.

Installing Adobe's Flash Player 12 and disabling Chrome's built-in player resolves the space bar issue, but client seems a bit touchy/glitchy. Overall this works good though and is currently how I am configured.

Using Internet Explorer 10 with Adobe's Flash Player 12 works well without any technical issues. No glitchiness or anything really. However, the meter frames-per-second is just not satisfactory to me. It's not nearly as smooth as it is in Chrome. I tried playing an entire round in IE, and I just could not time the meter well. Lots of poor shots. It's just simply not smooth enough.

I've not given any other browsers a try, so I can't comment on those.

I'll deal with the minor glitches in Chrome for that silky smooth meter.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:46 AM

You could try clearing out your flash cache if you haven't already done so since swapping over flash players. You could also try disabling all plugins except your flash player to see if that makes things any less glitchy.

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 1:47 AM

Here's something I just found out recently. I use Advanced System Care. It has a feature with its Uninstall Programs that let's you see the add on's used in each browser that you have. I noticed I had 5 or 6 versions of Java. I uninstalled all of them. ASC does a power sweep of Registry and gets rid of all of that too. So now I have no Java at all and meter was smooth on any browser I used. Most people don't know that now a days you don't need any type of Java Program at all. If you do need Java for something, it will tell you that you need it. This was confirmed by a friend of mine that does support for Microsoft. Just an FYI.

Something else I found out when I did this was I had 2 versions of Shockwave Flash Player as an add on in Firefox. If I disabled 1, the other would automatically disable too. So that was no good. And you can't have both enabled or they will conflict and you get a terrible meter. Then the thing was, I couldn't uninstall them either. I had to go to the Adobe web site and download an Uninstall program for the flash player. Here is link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Another FYI there are 2 types of Flash Player. One is, Active X version and the other is a Plug In Version. Depending on what Browser you use, only one or the other is used with that browser. And the only way to get the right version Flash, is to download Adobe Flash Player with that browser. That download will recognize what browser you are using and give you the correct version, either Active X or Plug In.

Make sure you download it from the Adobe website. And if you do download from their site or any other site, make sure you read what you are downloading. They all try to add another program or tool bar with the download. Read and uncheck them.

One thing that they like to get you to download with their software is a free anti virus. If you already have an anti virus program, having 2 will cause conflicts and really mess up your meter.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Look at this link. This is where you would want to download from. But look in the center where it says optional offer. They already have it checked for you to make Google Chrome your default Web Browser and giving you a Google Tool Bar For Internet explorer. At least that is what I see because I am using IE. There might be something different there if you are using a different browser. Make sure you uncheck that. That one way they try and trick you into downloading other junk. If you've got a bunch of toolbars at top of your browser, those are all processes running and will take away from he performance of your PC and specially your meter.

Be careful downloading. Always do the custom download. And read each page as the download goes on. when you do the custom download. Uncheck and decline any other program or software they are trying to include until you get to the install button.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:16 AM

That's interesting about Java. I have all Java plugins disabled in my browser and everything still runs okay and, as with most things you search for on the internet, trying to find a definitive answer about whether or not you need Java is difficult because some say yes and others, no.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:48 PM

• moriartydad33
    155 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 5:41 AM

I have a solution for all who use chrome to play WGT!! STOP USING CHROME!!!There are many other browsers to use.People act as if they are addicted to chrome.Since ive switched my game has dramatically improved!!

RSS