Forums

Help › Forums

Spacebar Issue

Sun, Apr 4 2021 9:03 AM (143 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:05 AM

Just going to throw this out there folks, as i think this is the way i did it a while back. Hopefully i know what im talking about, lol. In order to download an older version of flash, you can go to this thread here, locate the version you want to use, and save it to your desktop. You may need to scroll down to find the older versions:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

When you have that saved to your desktop, then go and download the flash player uninstaller. As far as i know, the system will tell you that you have a newer version, and will not let you go to an older version unless the flash player has been uninstalled first? Save this to your desktop also.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

When you have the uninstaller downloaded, uninstall the version you have, and then install the old version you saved from the 1st link that is saved on your desktop.

This may have been mentioned already, as i didn't read the whole thread. And please only try this if you know what you are doing, as i don't want to be responsible for anyone's system going t*ts up.

I would like someone who knows what they are doing to confirm if this is possible, before anyone tries it.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:45 AM

i never uninstalled pepper version , just disabled it . also , if you go this rout make sure to turn off auto updates ... John / Gerald , it took me a few try's to find a good one . the one  i use is 11.7.700.202 and it works great for me ....

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 5:51 AM

filmslayer:

i never uninstalled pepper version , just disabled it . also , if you go this rout make sure to turn off auto updates ... John / Gerald , it took me a few try's to find a good one . the one  i use is 11.7.700.202 and it works great for me ....

Im not sure if this will uninstall pepper flash Filmslayer, but it enabled me to get the older version installed, as i too saw what Wiger (John) was seeing when trying to install flash 10. Maybe disabling pepper flash before doing this could help, as you say. Oh, and a good point about disabling the auto update first as well. Cheers.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:12 AM

We have lift off!!!!

Followed exactly Jimmy's post and meter/graphics are as good as they've ever been. 29 on Merion on 1st outing and that included a double bogey when I got a bit carried away with a wedge shot and thought I was Mr. Mickelson!

I'd actually posted a guide a while back detailing exactly how to rectify the pep issues in Chrome - just couldn't find it - prolly an age thing!

Cheers, Jimmy! Now..anyone wanna invite to test if the spacebar issue is resolved?

:O)

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:33 AM

WigerToods2010:

We have lift off!!!!

Followed exactly Jimmy's post and meter/graphics are as good as they've ever been. 29 on Merion on 1st outing and that included a double bogey when I got a bit carried away with a wedge shot and thought I was Mr. Mickelson!

I'd actually posted a guide a while back detailing exactly how to rectify the pep issues in Chrome - just couldn't find it - prolly an age thing!

Cheers, Jimmy! Now..anyone wanna invite to test if the spacebar issue is resolved?

:O)

I got it to work also. I downloaded version 11.7.700.202 as Filmslayer suggested. One problem though.... meter is unplayable..lol.

Well.... went straight back to pepper version... meter is great..lol.

Look like no space bar for me. No biggie, thanks everyone for the tips,, hey i can at least install different versions now.

Which one did you install Johnny??

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:50 AM

geraldlarousse:

10.3.183.90, G.

Be sure to restart PC before installing the old version, m8.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:59 AM

WigerToods2010:

geraldlarousse:

10.3.183.90, G.

Be sure to restart PC before installing the old version, m8.

Okay...  will try that one.  Thank you sir.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 8:08 AM

Gerald,

The highlighted file is the one you want I reckon...

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 8:55 AM

Don't know what others do when playing WGT in Chrome but I disable ALL my plugins EXCEPT the flashplayer and disable ALL my extensions.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 9:10 AM

pepper flash is the only plug in i disable ...

RSS