Forums

Help › Forums

The game's consistancy is very poor

Fri, Nov 15 2019 4:35 AM (36 replies)
  • styxitt
    7 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:27 AM

I am sorry, but this game really sucks.  I mean, I enjoy playing it, but for the life of me I cannot believe the inconsistancy from shot to shot.  I have played golf for 43 years, carry a 9 hdcp, and realize this has nothing to do with your computer game, but it still pisses you off when you hit great shots and are not rewarded.  I just had an 80 where I should have shot under 70 if it had not been for the poor quality of this game's performance.  For instance, on the last hole I was 27 feet, downhill 1 inch, and I had the putting scale set to 30 feet.  So I hit the putt 75% which calculates out to 22.5 feet.  You tell me how the putt went 17 feet past the hole.  Also on a 210 yd par 3, 3mph wind r to l, I hit a 3 wood (205 yd club) and aimed a few feet left of the hole and I ended up almost in the water 30 to the right of the pin.  This happens quite often I might add, which is why I say I should have shot under 70 today.  I refuse to buy clubs and balls and whatever to improve my game, which is probably why you make the game inconsistant so people get upset at the stock crappy clubs/balls and they succumb to paying out money.  I also cannot recommend this game to people I know because although they like golf, they will not be happy with the poor quality of your game.  I have read the forums, the faq's, etc, and tried others suggestions, but what it comes down to is the fact you want money for us contend.  So I guess I will never win credits a golf tournament or never get the low round, but I know I will only last so long now that I have reached my peak with what I have to play with.  I can buy a real top name driver for the price it would cost me to equip myself here.
    Once again this game is really starting to suck.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:54 PM

I guess the best I can do is suggest you look at what you are saying realistically. As a fellow golfer surely you must realize that in real life you are not going to be contending in tournaments after only 36 rounds played. Likewise, even a person with great skills but so little experience is not going to be able to get the precision out of a cheap "off the rack at K-Mart" set of golf clubs coupled with the cheapest of rock-like golf balls. How many contenders do you see with that equipment at top-notch tournaments?

What you are describing is, quite frankly, pretty close to what would be happening in real life at this point in a player's career.

Without seeing a replay I have no idea what king of ridge or false front your putt encountered but that is one possible explanation for the extra distance it rolled.

WGT is, after all, a business. They provide an avenue for us to play for free but we should have no expectation to be competitive for free. Only entertained for free.

I don't enter any tournament or competition that involves betting or entry fees. The time I spend obtaining "free" credits I subtract from the playing time I've budgeted for the game. I treat the game as cheap entertainment and expect an anomaly now and then so I don't get frustrated by them.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 2:22 PM

styxitt:
    I refuse to buy clubs and balls and whatever to improve my game, which is probably why you make the game inconsistant so people get upset at the stock crappy clubs/balls and they succumb to paying out money. 
    What do you expect? A company in their business giving their best away for nuttin'?

With the Starter equipment in your bag you are only entitled to participate and enjoy the views (which are great!). Don't speak about quality or consistency - you'd have to add more of your skills than 99.9% here have to give.

If you play real golf, have you contended there without any investment? How much is your set, 1,000 $ or more? How much do you pay for balls? Of course, this is virtual equipment, but some 70 bucks are well invested for fun and recreation, plus 10-20$ per month for balls. This is inexpensive entertainment, compared to a lot others.

• styxitt
    7 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:41 PM

You make sense in what you said and I understand.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:52 PM

Isn't poor inconsistency good?

• papies
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:32 AM

what gets up my nose is when a game will not open, but when i play  its not a bad game with the tools you have dont forget that in real life you dont always hit a good shot i play off  6 and i am still inconsistant at timeswhich is like the games on hear 

but as i say its the games not starting that really annoy me  it also costs me credits 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 5:24 AM

courteneyfish:

Isn't poor inconsistency good?

agreed :)

• styxitt
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 7:48 AM
    You are all ready to jump all over me but none of you comment on the facts of why the putts and full shots act like they do. The best some of you can do is offer what you think is good humor because of the way the title of the post was written. Very intelligent! I am using a meter which I learned of from the faq's, and watch the videos here, etc, etc. So I was a little strong, but I was not abusive to anyone nor did I curse, but boy some of you hook onto to a negative and attack. Some help. And as one person put it, "if I give up on this game, I am giving up on life"? What the hell is that. I am trying my butt off here to learn and play. But I guess the last place to seek help is here.
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:26 AM

styxitt:

You make sense in what you said and I understand.

Believe me, we all understand the frustration you expressed. We've all "been there, done that". If you hang around the forums enough you'll find some people that can't get beyond that frustration.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

RSS