Forums

Help › Forums

The game's consistancy is very poor

Fri, Nov 15 2019 4:35 AM (36 replies)
  • maury62
    448 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:14 PM

i have ask many tims how a ball ith a pefect hit with a 20 mph ind can only go 280 yds when a hit imto that sam ewind goes 325 yds. the programer is so stupid any 5th grade kids know that cant happen but then maybe the programe didnt ge tto 5th grade yet.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:58 PM

I knew what the op was saying. Liberties took over with w/a remarks. The consistency of this game is like jello, shaky at best. Now bring it back, I can take it, with or without a response, it's up to the intelligence that is shown.

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:00 PM

maury62:

i have ask many tims how a ball ith a pefect hit with a 20 mph ind can only go 280 yds when a hit imto that sam ewind goes 325 yds. the programer is so stupid any 5th grade kids know that cant happen but then maybe the programe didnt ge tto 5th grade yet.

Maybe this link to a pdf will explain the simple Arithmetic  involved?

~Stray

• cchristi42
    57 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:27 PM

StrayedFairway:

maury62:

Maybe this link to a pdf will explain the simple Arithmetic  involved?

~Stray

Or here is a simple observation, if you don't like math :)

one of two things can make a huge difference.

1.  Altitude your hitting into, up into a big hill, up 50 vs down 50.

2.  If you hit the front or back side of a hill, if you hit the back side that alone can cause your ball to shoot forward another 40 yards pretty easily. 

I won't say the game is perfect though, but usually it's not that hard to figure out why your shot went the extra yards, or didn't go the extra yards.  Heck in real golf the way they mow the fairway can add/take away 10-15 yards off of a drive. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:09 AM

styxitt:
    You are all ready to jump all over me but none of you comment on the facts of why the putts and full shots act like they do. The best some of you can do is offer what you think is good humor because of the way the title of the post was written. Very intelligent! I am using a meter which I learned of from the faq's, and watch the videos here, etc, etc. So I was a little strong, but I was not abusive to anyone nor did I curse, but boy some of you hook onto to a negative and attack. Some help. And as one person put it, "if I give up on this game, I am giving up on life"? What the hell is that. I am trying my butt off here to learn and play. But I guess the last place to seek help is here.

Actually its called VEM. All but a chosen few are affected by it. You will encounter dropped shots, shots going way long, putts stopping short, and all kinds of WTF moments. This is supposed to make the game a challenge, and more realistic . These are the things in real golf that annoy us, and make us curse all the way to the club house. If you type VEM , in the search box>>>>>>>>> , you will find all kinds of posts on this topic. You also do need to play more, and do the videos and surveys for your credits. Thats how you will avoid out of pocket expenses. Hope this helps. Happy Swinging

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:05 AM

You want comments - you're welcome.

styxitt:
    I just had an 80 where I should have shot under 70 if it had not been for the poor quality of this game's performance.  For instance, on the last hole I was 27 feet, downhill 1 inch, and I had the putting scale set to 30 feet.  So I hit the putt 75% which calculates out to 22.5 feet.  You tell me how the putt went 17 feet past the hole. 
    Which hole? Which green speed? A putt from green or fringe? Did you positively check the scale? Were you playing alone? With others? Was it practice mode? If not, which was the highest tier present?

Too many questions open for an explication. A scale error (by you or by the game) is the most probable without further knowledge.

styxitt:
    Also on a 210 yd par 3, 3mph wind r to l, I hit a 3 wood (205 yd club) and aimed a few feet left of the hole and I ended up almost in the water 30 to the right of the pin.
    Again, which hole? Did you ding the shot?

From my experience, the Starter 3WD is quite unprecise, even between the Starter clubs. This may have been an extreme point of usual deviation.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 1:35 AM

lonniescott711:
    Actually its called VEM. All but a chosen few are affected by it. 

Nonsense. Why would there be favourites?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 3:31 AM

The starter equipment will be more inconsistent than the top notch stuff, and WGT upfront about that. Some players shoot really well on this, and so there is a learning curve that can be over come! It is a SIM, not the real thing, no one shot -60 in the Masters.......Enjoy the learning curve with that in mind!

• styxitt
    7 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2013 9:11 AM

Thanx for your reply.  I understand your explanation and the fact that there are many factors weighing on the outcome of a shot.  I am quite aware of the factors in the online game and the real game.  Believe me I have played enough real golf to know over 43 years of playing.  I did not put all the facts down or list all the holes this has happened to.  I know how to read elevation, wind, slope, green/fringe, speed, etc.  These were not the only holes these instances have occured on.  I did not feel it necessary to list every hole this has happened on, only that after many, many times of this happening did I choose to post this matter.  So I did not just have one bad hole and decide to write about it.  And I don't feel it is necessary to justify my knowledge of the game or of the caliber of people I know in the game which verify my grasp of the nuances of the game.

• JPGPRO
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 4:29 AM

I agree.  Been playing almost 4 years now.  No consistancy at all.  Someone tell me why balls can't be hit out of the first cut of rough.  Use a long iron and hit the sweet spot but the ball onl goes 150 yards, with a tail wind?  Give me a break.  An what the hell is up with chipping?  Take a foot long divot?

RSS