Forums

Help › Forums

Moving Back To White Tees

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 23 2009 4:33 AM (5 replies)
  • dalotheman
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:46 PM

I don't understand why I got moved back to the white tees when I can every once in  a great while reach the par 5's in two but now I have no chance. I generally shoot in the high 60's. Does anybody get it?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:50 PM

You became an Amateur when your scoring average dipped below 69.18 and were consequently moved back to the next set of tees.

The bad news is the holes will play 15yds longer on the average.  The good news is you can now compete for better prizes in tournaments and play in certain amateur only events.

Gratz on the promotion! :)

• marleychoi
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 5:40 PM

Can anyone tell me how some of the top ten are shooting so low...like in the 50's.  I shoot pretty well, but the shots I hve can only do so much. Also updated clubs.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 5:57 PM

The short answer is:  shoot 30 on the front, 29 on the back :)

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:48 PM

The answer to shooting low scores is as follows:

1. Know how to hit the clubs you are playing with.

2. Know which parts of green to stay away from.

3. Learn to adjust for the wind.

4. Practice putting until you can hole almost any putt.

5. Do not get yourself into a situation you cannot get out of.

6. Never miss a fairway.

7. Never miss a green.

And No, I have been unable to do the above, but that is what I am shooting for, lol

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2009 4:33 AM

marley...

One thing you need to remember theses averages aren't absolutely one time rounds, meaning rounds without making sure you start off good. In a sense, a top average for someone playing thru everytime, not starting over in other words, is probably in the low 60s somewhere would be my guess , 62-63, give or take.

With both the 18 hole and 9 hole unlimited tourneys, there is actually a reason to get off to a good start. So it's hard to fault the player. Before these tourneys, you could say, yaa they're "padding"  their average this or that. But now the tourneys, esp. the weekly 9 is going to lend itself to more padded averages.

RSS