Forums

Help › Forums

New Chipping System

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 25 2009 11:12 AM (4 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 7:15 PM

Sorry guys, after playing with it since the last update, I have to conclude that the latest modifications of the chipping system are a bust.  First off, I'm not at all a fan of the 'chip-to-distance-reported' system.  You guys tried this once before and I didn't like it then either.  Secondly, the chipping ranges are spread out too far between the clubs.  Realistically, there is little difference between chipping with a SW, LW, or PW in terms of yardage travelled, yet its pretty extreme here in the game. 

The old system, where the chips did NOT go exactly to distance and rolled further than the distance reported was much more artful in its application around the green.  You had a variety of different shots you could try from close up, due to excess run after the hit.  You could make it act like a normal chip, or a  bump and run.  Now, you pretty much only have one option most times when you are inside a certain range.

Please, bring back the old system.  It was always the best, and I'm quite puzzled that you've changed it back and forth 3 times.  It wasn't broken, there was no need to 'fix' it.  Save the modifications for the things that ARE broken, like the inability to change putter distances.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:15 AM

Hi tibbets, thanks for the suggestion. We will review this with the team.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:20 AM

Thanks Alex.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2009 6:15 AM

Just to add my 2 cents to tibbets case here as well.....the old system I thought was better in that you could gauge how far IN THE AIR the shot would travel before rolling. I don't know about anyone else, but on the real course, any sort of chip or pitch I have (and I have a lot, I suck) I try to aim for a point to have the ball drop, not a point to have it stop. It should be up to the player to determine how much flight to have on the shot based on the green/fringe characteristics to get the right amount of roll. In addition, the old system gave you the ability to aim just on the green and have a chip carry the fringe. There's just no way to gauge the flight in the new system (at least for me).

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2009 11:12 AM

I'm ok with it either way.  Just pick one and stick to it. :)

RSS