Help › Forums

Tier progress in 'My profile'

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 16 2021 3:29 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MauriceLeon
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 11:32 AM

Probably mentioned before, but anyway.....

Especially for the starters (such as myself) I would be nice to see where you are in relation to achieving the next tier level. Or am I missing some feature that is already there :x

Hf, 

ML

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 11:52 AM

MauriceLeon:

Probably mentioned before, but anyway.....

Especially for the starters (such as myself) I would be nice to see where you are in relation to achieving the next tier level. Or am I missing some feature that is already there :x

Hf, 

ML

Here are the next couple of tiers.

51 58,515
    52 61,915
    53 65,415

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:04 PM

Wow, a premiere - thumbs up Shoe!

In general, the "next level" XPs are visible to each player when hovering over the partly green bar left of the level indication in the upper left corner.

• MauriceLeon
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:21 PM

Ah no, I mean like a status bar where you see something like next tier: pro (97% complete)

or something like that. 

ML 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:31 PM

MauriceLeon:

Ah no, I mean like a status bar where you see something like next tier: pro (97% complete)

or something like that. 

ML 

No we do not have anything that will give you a percentage of where you are. The status bar of your points is right above the Play Now button where you see what level you are on.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:41 PM

Sorry - misread "tier level" for "level"...

The tier advancement is roughly decided by the average and the number of rounds in the current tier. WGT will not give more information. Your next stop is at ave. 67 and another 10 ranked rounds, approx..

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:10 PM

MauriceLeon:

Tier progress in 'My profile' 

It's a moving target, based on your scoring average and number of ranked rounds.

Each tier requires a minimum number of ranked rounds be played, and when that is satisfied you 'tier up' when your scoring average reaches the next 'tier up' level.

I know I would 'tier up' again when my scoring average reached 61.00, which it did a couple of days ago.

Before you reach the minimum ranked rounds requirement, your scoring average can go up or down. With further back tees, and trying some different make/model balls, my scoring average has gone up to 66.11 because in the new tier I haven't yet come close to meeting the minimum ranked rounds requirement yet.

After you reach the minimum ranked rounds requirement, your scoring average can only go down - If you shoot a high score, your scoring average doesn't change.

• ConfusionMaster
    1,642 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:48 PM

Tiers:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
      • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
      • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
      • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
      • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
      • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend
      • When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
      • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
      • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
      • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
      • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
      • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend
      • You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Note: The minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

Note also: Match Play where you defeat a player in a higher Tier impacts your average.

• Schlieffen99
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 3:14 PM

That formula isn't quite right as I just reached Legend level with an average of 61.48 (which I had been trying to avoid, drat)   ;-(

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:08 PM

Congrats, you made it to the tips!

You'd have liked to go on winning TM RGs, wouldn't you?

There are (at least) three impacts to tiering up:

- "the formula" of average scores and minimum required rounds,

- match play wins as stated in the last paragraph,

- credit wins in tournaments (which was not stated there).

I dare say that the latter did it for you when the payout of the last RG happened.

Enjoy!

• PAGES
RSS