Forums

Help › Forums

WGT customer service

Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:34 PM (117 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 6:14 PM

I have contacted CS many, many times, they have "always" handled it satisfactorily and in a timely manner!!!!!!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 6:33 PM

CS is a top department.  Speak to them half nicely and they are very professional.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 7:38 PM

LashxPickles:

If I accidentally spent 50 USD instead of 5 USD. Would they refund me the 50 and take back the credit? It's ridiculous, the 5 USD choice was highlighted! I have no clue as to why they wouldn't give me that! I emailed them saying I will NOT touch the 5,000 credits. I really don't need this type of loss right now.

If you accidently spent the money why wouldnt they give it back ? At the same time why do you expect to get the credits for free ? You pay for 5.00 US Dollars then that is what you are supposed to get . You pay for 50.00 then thats what you get . Now if you do the offers and earn your credits through the offers then money wont become a problem . 

At the same time you can contact your card company and stop the payment . Just explain the error and they will resolve the issue for you . Its nothing more than an over payment not the end of the world . But dont C/S for your mistake now if it was due to a bug then they will make it right . Just give them some time to see what happened and they will fix the problem .

• LSkaalen
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 10:38 AM

I'm glad you are satisfied Darin,

I'm having trouble getting WGT acknowledgement of my problem of interruption of my games by a pop-up voice and screen alert that "Microsoft" will crash my computer if I don't phone a certain phone to correct some data error this program, etc.  Only option is to shut down before their threat time ends. Subsequent malware scans disprove the allegation of a "worm" in either of the computers that I use to play in WGT tournaments; and the worm does not appear in any other program.

DarSum:

I've seen a few complaints in here about WGT's customer service, or lack thereof.

You always see the gripes but rarely the praises.

I contacted CS yesterday about a game issue I had during a RG. I had a response and resolution within 3 hours.

This was the second time I've used the help link at the bottom of the main page. The first time was last year when I purchased the wrong wedge. That was rectified within an hour.

I can only image how many game complaints/issues they receive on a daily basis. So to get a response and resolution in such a short time is very impressive, IMO.

Thanks WGT

Darin

DarSum:

I've seen a few complaints in here about WGT's customer service, or lack thereof.

You always see the gripes but rarely the praises.

I contacted CS yesterday about a game issue I had during a RG. I had a response and resolution within 3 hours.

This was the second time I've used the help link at the bottom of the main page. The first time was last year when I purchased the wrong wedge. That was rectified within an hour.

I can only image how many game complaints/issues they receive on a daily basis. So to get a response and resolution in such a short time is very impressive, IMO.

Thanks WGT

Darin

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 2:49 PM

got kicked from a RG earlier today,explained the situation to customer service department and no sooner is the RG finished and i have been reimbursed my 50 credits,great service and a big thankyou

i must have the email floating around somewere in my phone or computer but unable to locate,this is why iam posting here

cheers       mark.

• Tibsy1
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 3:46 PM

Darin 

i hae been trying to get support of fees charged for weeks get nothing so not sure what you have done but they are very poor 

we pay for balls all the time when not lost or in water hey then say you have to buy more after only one or two rounds just a rip off so the game is quiche enjoy is now going to be cancelled fully we have paid well over $250 for balls and a Driver which is crap really 

Tisby1

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 10:46 PM

LSkaalen:

I'm glad you are satisfied Darin,

I'm having trouble getting WGT acknowledgement of my problem of interruption of my games by a pop-up voice and screen alert that "Microsoft" will crash my computer if I don't phone a certain phone to correct some data error this program, etc.  Only option is to shut down before their threat time ends. Subsequent malware scans disprove the allegation of a "worm" in either of the computers that I use to play in WGT tournaments; and the worm does not appear in any other program.

Everything You Need to Know About the Microsoft Support Scam

May 12, 2016

Computer scams happen every day, and they’re constantly evolving. Some scams begin with phone calls, some arrive as a message in your email. One recent scam is the scary pop-up window on your computer that shows warnings like “Firewall Alert: Your Computer May Have Adware/Spyware Virus,” or “Computer Security At Risk!,” or “System crash and identity threat detected.” There may also be a warning not to touch your computer. The warning may even come as a voice alert. Sometimes the pop-up window is accompanied by a strange noise emanating from your computer. 

The pop-up message will direct you to call immediately for assistance to remove the potential virus.  A toll-free phone number is provided. These warnings might appear to be part of your operating system, but actually they are not.

If you call the phone number, often times they will tell you that you are speaking with a Microsoft  technician. But the 'technician' is likely an Internet criminal, and rather than removing a virus, they install malware on your computer instead. Once malware is downloaded onto your computer, they may have access to passwords, and important documents. 

They may even ask you for payment at the end of the conversation, further exposing you to identity theft.

What Microsoft Says
    Microsoft says it will never prompt you to call an 800 number for tech support—you should always be the one to initiate a call for help. According to Microsoft:

The popup with the telephone number you are seeing is the malware/adware issue on your computer.  It's a new wrinkle on the cold call scams and the fake anti malware programs that were previously being installed on computers that we have heard about for years. It's nothing but a scam to get your money and credit card info. Some of them use what appears to be a local number but in reality the scam may be from a country which will not cooperate with law enforcement agencies trying to identify the scammers.  

Whenever you receive a phone call or see a pop-up window on your PC and feel uncertain whether it is from someone at Microsoft, don’t take the risk. You can reach out directly to one of Microsoft’s technical support experts at the Microsoft Answer Desk or at 1-800-426-9400. 

How to Protect Yourself
    Never browse the internet without up-to-date anti-virus software. Be aware of the links you click on and avoid any suspicious websites. If possible, change your browser settings to block pop-ups. If you see a pop-up alert, don't click on it, no matter how threatening it may be and definitely don't call the 1-800 number. Close your internet browser instead. If you are using an Apple computer, you may have to force-quit your browser. If you are running Windows, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up a link to launch the Task Manager. From there you should select your browser and click "End Task." 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 11:54 PM

I can't speak highly enough of CS.  Every time I've contacted them I've received an answer quickly, regardless of what time or day it was.

A real answer too, not some automated response.

Whatever faults WGT may have their customer service certainly isn't one of them.

• Doc58
    6,365 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 9:21 AM

My interactions with customer service have always been handled in a timely, cordial, and fair manner. From my perspective, their customer service department deserves an excellent rating for the work they do to help us out when we need them.

• dufferphiljo
    6 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 11:42 AM

im still waiting for my ansew to wy my rental clubs dont last 24 hours its been 2 wks

RSS