Forums

Help › Forums

WGT customer service

Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:34 PM (117 replies)
  • DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 4:58 AM

I've seen a few complaints in here about WGT's customer service, or lack thereof.

You always see the gripes but rarely the praises.

I contacted CS yesterday about a game issue I had during a RG. I had a response and resolution within 3 hours.

This was the second time I've used the help link at the bottom of the main page. The first time was last year when I purchased the wrong wedge. That was rectified within an hour.

I can only image how many game complaints/issues they receive on a daily basis. So to get a response and resolution in such a short time is very impressive, IMO.

Thanks WGT

Darin

• Danmark2010
    805 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:09 AM

DarSum:

I've seen a few complaints in here about WGT's customer service, or lack thereof.

You always see the gripes but rarely the praises.

I contacted CS yesterday about a game issue I had during a RG. I had a response and resolution within 3 hours.

This was the second time I've used the help link at the bottom of the main page. The first time was last year when I purchased the wrong wedge. That was rectified within an hour.

I can only image how many game complaints/issues they receive on a daily basis. So to get a response and resolution in such a short time is very impressive, IMO.

Thanks WGT

Darin

You are a lucky guy than to get so fast answer for me takes 1 months damn it

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:15 AM

I also had an issue, contacted icon he directed me to CS and within hours my issue was resolved.

Thanks WGT

Gary ( woodo )

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:59 AM

I'm glad you two made mention of this. I've always had nothing but good service from WGT. I always contact them directly and they answer promptly and resolve issues in a timely manner. It's the folks who like to make message board drama instead of keeping their business to themselves that end up unhappy with WGT's service because they don't go through the proper channels.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:43 AM

+1 on everything that has been said. I'm shure there are many who have had customer service problem with wgt. As for myself, a response from wgt has been prompt. Thanks for a wonderful game wgt. (Yes i get frustrated from time to time.......at myself)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:32 AM

I take it that you're looking at me, Cerino.

Thus, listen to my story:

1) One of my most serious complaints here is that I don't receive mails concerning CC ownership and some others.

2) Until recently, a special mail address was given by WGT for their "enhanced Nation CS": nation@...  Thus I wrote them a mail about "missing mails"...

3) Nothing happened for a few weeks.

4) I chose the contact form to enquire about "Nation service" and received a ticket number.

5) Next is, I receive an answer to my first, mailed, request (2). I answer to the sender, members@wordgolftour.com, requesting further information. Long time no reply by WGT.

6) I then receive an answer to my ticket (4), stating

Your previous email to nation@worldgolftour.com was unfortunately misplaced in our system. If you could please contact us again at members@worldgolftour.com
    Me thinks, o.k., they found an issue in their organisation, thus my mail (5) is placed correctly now.

BTW: Thank you, WGT, for the kind sleeve of balls :)

Then things become somewhat strange:

7) A few days later, I receive a PM by WGTadmin. It says, 

This message is in regards to your question about submitting emails to nation@worldgolftour.com. At this time please use the link below to receive optimized and escalated service. Our new system flags Nation members only when they submit via the link below. The above address is no longer operating.

We appreciate your assistance in this matter.

http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

The latter is the common contact form (4).

Thus, nation@... which had been announced in public for long time, is wrong.

Furtheron, the information of (6) is outdated.

What should I do, Cerino? Which "proper channel" did I miss?

- I had used the form (4), received some answer, but no reply to my 2nd mail.

- I have asked in the forum and by mail to several addresses.

WHAT ELSE TO DO?

Thus IMHO I had used every possible way to contact WGT, except for the $1000 phone call, and I have neither received any good answer, nor has my problem been solved:

I MISS IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING MY CC MEMBERS!

Pardon me for venting and shouting in the forum when this is the "escalated user service". I felt like bookbinder Wanninger, a well-known figure here, a personification of so. running from pillar to post to no avail.

You think it's over? No my friend.

8) In comes the friendly  new  forum moderator Shoe, and I manage to get him interested in the case. He finds my mail reply (5), and in no time I have another answer by members@worldgolftour.com.

9) Unfortunately, the new arguments (8) do not cover my problem, so I respond, asking for a closer look into the matter.

10) I've been waiting since Monday.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:46 AM

I've sent few e-mails to customer service, some get sorted same day, other times might take a week, but most of the time If I've had a problem it DOES get sorted.

The thing that tickled me most is when WGT overpaid me $10 and i told WGT Icon about it.  That $10 was out of my account quicker than i clicked on next forum page.  Now that WAS a SPEEDY RESPONSE..LOL :)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:52 AM

alosso:

I take it that you're looking at me, Cerino. <snip>.....

I wasn't looking at anyone. I just expressed my own experience with WGT and my observation of many forum messages.  I don't want to know anyone's business because it's none of my business. That's kinda the point. The specifics of all my dealings aren't known to the public because I don't want then to be known.

I do hope your situation is cleared up now that you've made it public.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:44 AM

Thanks for the good wishes Cerino!

Following your experience, I rather reduced my chances...

OTOH, which is the "proper channel" for you?

Do you know other ways than named by me to be successful with CS?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 2:06 PM

I think, too, that a lot of customer service complaints are the result of issues that should be resolved by third parties. The complaints come when WGT refuses to take responsibility for the integrity of the people they sell advertising space to.

When it comes to surveys and views, WGT takes the attitude that they are in no way responsible for the integrity of the offerings. They fail to realize that when they sell advertising space on their website any failure is a direct reflection on WGT, especially when they almost always tell their members that they have no responsibility to their members and they refuse to get involved.

Currently far too many people are getting "stiffed" in the "free" credit area and WGT continues to refuse to get involved and help ensure that the system work as advertised and the suppliers deliver.

RSS