• PAGES
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:13 AM

Would be nice if you Could  make an option to have chat on or off

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:18 AM

Duct tape over the orange "Chat" button after you pulled that window up.

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:58 PM

yep,i agree m8,i use skype when i play with friends,so i dont even use it..but bugs u when u got idiots chatting bubbles all game long !!!

• quakerdarlo
    7,058 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:34 PM

Agree totally with gladstone

Some people have texting diarhea(short form of the word) 

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:57 PM

An "ignore" button next to the player name would be great.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:03 PM

Just don't click to expand chat box or play on fullscreen.

• psychoaussie
    726 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 12:02 AM

Haha. Mostly Pomes whinging bout the chat! Thats the way boys! :-)

If you dont wanna chat you just dont! Pretty simple really! Its not forced.

Dont see a reason for a major change in the chat box of the game.

• Briton
    38 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 11:27 AM

If you don't want to chat, why play a social game like (virtual) golf?   I can understand not wanting to chat generally but refusing to respond to a greeting and a good luck is pathetic.

The least the could do is have some indication of their miserable attitude...maybe have 'Bad Sport' or similar after their name so others can decide if they want to play with you.

You can tell I've just lost to a git.   ;)

Oops...old thread.

• jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 5:06 PM

I use Skype when I can. My problem with the chat is i have very limited vision. I am blind in one eye and macular degeneration and Glaucoma in the "good" eye , i have to use a magnifier, and  I play in full screen. To use the chat I have to take off the magnifier, reduce screen, go back to full screen and  re-focus everything.

I wish the chat would not be used for constant chatter, and do you really have to comment on each and every shot regardless if it's good, bad or ??

If I'm playing with some one I don't know I'm always concerned that they will think me rude if I don't say thank you or nice shot etc. So I start off by  explaining my vision problems and I assure them that any time I make a half way decent shot I will automatically  say thank out loud.When they make a shot I'll stand up clap my hands, say atta boy/gal nice shot, but I cannot type in or read all the kudos.

• Briton
    38 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2015 1:06 AM

Yes it can get a bit silly when everyone is congratulating everybody for just about every shot but I still say it's part of the game to acknowledge an opponents comments; in particular the greeting. It' is though quite easy to politely indicate you don't want to constantly chat.

You have a specific issue and it must be a pain to have to explain it every time you play a stranger.  

To those miserable bad sports I'd say, don't play multi-player. It's a social activity.

• PAGES
RSS