Forums

Help › Forums

Who wants free stuff?

Tue, Jul 5 2022 4:39 AM (50 replies)
  • Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:13 AM

Thankyou Slick - you've saved me from making a huge mistake.

In a bit over 9 hours I'll get an 800 credit drop from an RG.  I played the round a couple of days ago.  That was going towards a set of K-15 irons for a poster on this thread who asked nice enough for them on my profile page.

I've noticed you're one of her friends.  Looks like you just saved me over 1600 creds.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 5:46 AM

Ecka65:
    In a bit over 9 hours I'll get an 800 credit drop from an RG.  I played the round a couple of days ago.  That was going towards a set of K-15 irons for a poster on this thread who asked nice enough for them on my profile page.

I could say I won't be reading my profile OR these Forums for a bit but I will probably still tune in..(hard habit to break eh ? )

But I won't be playing till Merion .....(If I'm allowed) 

In that vein there are 5000 credits going free (just ball money to me which I won't be spending during that timescale ^^^) and I'd prefer them to go to newbies or L70+ members who deserve.... but as in the Xmas give away, that was hard to achieve for lower tiers as they don't read the Forums as much as WE or Pizza thought  they could or should and that may have built a better community ..?

I'm sure he FLEXED his muscles in the WGT office and as a Newbie made enemies.. but his Ideas were noble, which is why he got the job in the 1st place I'm guessing?

Nice Idea BUT imo he went about in the wrong way. (Seemed to be a pet project for him) and to justify his placement, he was so desperate for it to work that he was too outspoken in a tight knit WGT office, that he inflamed the situation at times ?

5000 doesn't go far where WE are but if you are struggling for the last high end ATV then...ask...

Anything but balls... still many wedges / putters available to L10+ guys

Edit.. that  ^^^^ seems to be all I've sent so far :)

Andy

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:14 AM

Ecka65:

Thankyou Slick - you've saved me from making a huge mistake.

I've noticed you're one of her friends.  Looks like you just saved me over 1600 creds.

LMFAO....Anyone else notice every member of the CC club  Slick belongs to are all the same tier and just so happened to have joined in the same month of this year? What a coincidence.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:22 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    ....Anyone else notice

I saw that . And it was nice of slick to save Ecka 1600 ,,  I guess us Old Timers look out for each other .

OPY

• 21as21111
    170 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:26 AM

alcaucin:
    that was hard to achieve for lower tiers as they don't read the Forums as much as we

very true, ......

...... and/or 'junior' members could to be very confused or disoriented when they first time come here. some of them are just afraid to show their inexperience or embarrassed because of errors in writing (other language). wgt could create a new section in the forum, like 'PLACE for NEWBIES - ask what you want', where they could  feel less vulnerable, safety place where should to be less 'sharp' comments of the senior members. (this is not in connection with any post in this topic, edit)

... sorry Andy, if i went in a different direction. and i'd like to apologize to ecka cause my post have no connection with topic subject line

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:27 AM

opyeuclid:

Oldbayrunner:
    ....Anyone else notice

I saw that . And it was nice of slick to save Ecka 1600 ,,  I guess us Old Timers look out for each other .

OPY

And they are ever so Generous too, gifting each other balls and equipment like they seem to do. Heck they seem to have even joined Wgt & their CC within a few days of each other... Talk about Club unity.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:40 AM

And how many from that group posted on this thread that were looking for free stuff or just wanted to make a smart remark

iaaRft

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:51 AM

alcaucin:
    5000 credits going free

Be smart with them Andy .. As you can see there are some low life bottom feeders multi accounters that will use you and then laff at the fact that they just screwed you .

Keep your $ Andy ,  Dont be taken by any of Them .

OPY

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:07 AM

opyeuclid:

Be smart with them Andy .. As you can see there are some low life bottom feeders multi accounters that will use you and then laff at the fact that they just screwed you .

Keep your $ Andy ,  Dont be taken by any of Them .

Hear you Ope....surprised WGT don't find it as easy as we players do to differentiate. Weird as they have a couple of the best on staff..

Edit: just looked at your kit as you are one of the most deserving members I looked at what to send you but you use Rballz Driver with a hybrid, the 64* satin with top Cleves and the Rossa......Now that is a unique combo and am loathe to send you anything you don't WANT..the balls are the only thing I can see that might make a difference in my mind as having played with you, you like your set up and play well with them, so me sending you the new L48 driver will make no odds are they are basically the same club......

Sent you a few sleeves of balls that will imo, not drastically improve your game but may make it a bit easier.  Andy

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:30 AM

Sir ,, I need nothing , I have more balls than I will use in a year , I just like to use the starter ones some times to mix it up . I also have all the top clubs but use this set up as it makes it more fun and harder ,,

OPY

RSS