Forums

Help › Forums

Who wants free stuff?

Tue, Jul 5 2022 4:39 AM (50 replies)
  • Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:37 PM

I would like the community to devise a way for me to get rid of my remaining 2,500+ credits.  Once I sell my clubs it might even go close to 3,500.

I thought I was just in a bit of a rut.  It can happen with my medical condition and the meds I take.  It can happen with this game when the "beast" just won't shake off.  But for several days now and quite a few games it is just steadily getting worse.  My old Blade 2.0's used to be the most reliable and accurate clubs available.  Now they behave like the old rubbish they thankfully replaced.

I am supposed to avoid anxiety and for a long time this game was a welcome relief.  But now I'm finding it just a little too frustrating and not enough fun.  I've probably got as good as I can get, and it just aint good enough.

So, I either continue to fund the Ready Go pots.  Or, I try to help those who still have hope.  I'd prefer the latter.

I ask the forum community to help me come up with some idea's on how these creds can go to the best home(s).

Cheers,

Eric

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:58 PM

Ecka65:

I would like the community to devise a way for me to get rid of my remaining 2,500+ credits.  Once I sell my clubs it might even go close to 3,500.

I thought I was just in a bit of a rut.  It can happen with my medical condition and the meds I take.  It can happen with this game when the "beast" just won't shake off.  But for several days now and quite a few games it is just steadily getting worse.  My old Blade 2.0's used to be the most reliable and accurate clubs available.  Now they behave like the old rubbish they thankfully replaced.

I am supposed to avoid anxiety and for a long time this game was a welcome relief.  But now I'm finding it just a little too frustrating and not enough fun.  I've probably got as good as I can get, and it just aint good enough.

So, I either continue to fund the Ready Go pots.  Or, I try to help those who still have hope.  I'd prefer the latter.

I ask the forum community to help me come up with some idea's on how these creds can go to the best home(s).

Cheers,

Eric

Keep them in your account, and keep your clubs. Take a break, read a few books, take a few walks in the park, have fun some other ways. When you're feeling better or at least a little less frustrated come back and take up the challenge again and your credits (which YOU earned) will still be there to help you. 

Remember it's just a game, laugh when you swear and make some friends, (oh and try not to wrap your clubs around the trees). :)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:17 AM

Ecka65:
    I am supposed to avoid anxiety

Then you're in the wrong place.. :)

If you're serious then I'd pick a few members in the late L30s who've shown a willing for the game but have not the clubs one would expect at that level....maybe $$ or lack of is the reason so a few wedges / putters or iron sets here and there could make and prolong their experience here.. 

Take a break too though :)

Andy

• 21as21111
    170 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:20 AM

+1 CJ.

ecka, also , u can go to some of your friends to see how its going on their computer. you will see better play conditions there. so, maybe it is time to find someone to help you to refresh your computer software etc. just 2 weeks ago, i almost stop to play - struts, slow animations, ... unistalled my Flash, i install new Flash and Maxthon3 for forum and videos, and now i have playing conditions in FireFox like in gold days here. dont give up. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:23 AM

I agree, take a break mate then come back and see how you feel. Or kit your back with starters stuff and see what you can score and just have fun. I do this when I am feeling fed up with the game, and does wonders for me.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 6:35 AM

When I get in the rut ,  I play with the starter gear and free balls , Do the Uneven lies , Go Play a agme  with just the 7 iron some time  , Play on different browsers , Go spend some time on Bethpage looking for big foot , Play alt shot or skins , do pratic games with different Tees and green speeds , The game can only be as much fun as you make it .

If you realy have the need to sell out and give away , Do small gifts to as many players you can , A wedge , A sleeve of balls , A putter , Mayby do a contest and let them earn a gift .

Just watch out for the ones who will take any thing and dont need it , They just sell it back .

OPY

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:20 AM

Ecka65:

You'd get over 1500 for what's in your bag but it would be a shame. My advice would be the same as ChinaJohn's and other people's. Take a break and leave things as they are. Don't quit on the verge of reaching the top tier. But if you still decide to gift everything away, do it like Opy suggested. And I propose this to you. Keep all your clubs and choose the recepients of gifts for their 'return to the pro shop' value and I'll be happy to cover them in your name. Just post who gets what (your decision) on my wall. It'd be a shame to sell all you worked for and then getting the urge to play again one day and needing to spend $60 on a new set of clubs.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:33 AM

ERIC,dont sell dont give,  take a long pause , you may regret  if you stop playing,you may get better.  Life is like that some time, litle miracle appens.      

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:50 AM

ERIC

I have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, etc. for 15 plus years.  I have found that WGT is a welcome way to enjoy the day and take some of the stress out of life.

My advice is to enjoy the game.  Don't worry about winning credits, if you need them to buy balls, move to a little lower level ball and you can either get some credits via surveys, etc. or fund them with much less money.  Play alt shot, that is the most social game on WGT and fun and relaxing, especially if you play with friends.

Don't dump your clubs for 25 cent on the dollar.  Take a few weeks off if necessary.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:01 AM

Hey Eric,im on a WGT break and this is my 3rd week of no wgt-golf,i needed a break as i was feeling like you do now,i still pop in to see whats going on but no play,just hang in there buddy and listen to the advice on the other posts,i think we all need a break every now and again as this game can get into your head and we forget that its just that,a game.before you give away all you have take a rest from playing and enjoy life,come back fresh and ready to play and have some wgt-fun,im sorry its not the best advice but its all i got,like the other poster said ,dont sell,dont gift til you had a break and a good long think,,,,best of luck in what ever you do,,,,,,,,,,,,,david

RSS