Forums

Help › Forums

amateur status

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 1 2009 12:07 PM (9 replies)
  • tauzman
    1 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 4:15 PM

At what point do you become an amatuer instead of a hack... are there any advantages to it... just curious

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 12:31 PM

Well you average has to drop to 69. something, I can't remember when mine changed from hack.

When you go to amateur, you get to hit off longer tees and if you enter a tourney you are playing against al lot of folks that average is between 59-61.

When the Pro tier is added most of these folks will move up to it. (Thank goodness)

I was on one night after being up about 30+ hours straight and had been on a lot playing that day and night. That night I had a great back nine and if I realized that I was going to amateur status, I honsetly would not have finished my round. I was playing alone doing ranked rounds. I guess moving to amateur is what a lot of folks are shooting for.

At this point I own all the clubs that have been released. If you look I am playing the original clubs that we had. I shot -2 on the back nine today which is unusal for me. I am usually +5 or 6 and I don't finish my ranked round. That is just the way it is, I don't have a reason to hide the fact. I guess I am going to start trying to play some group rounds, but from what I have read I want newbiees that will play and won't quit, I don't care how long it takes to play nine or what we shoot as long as we have fun. 

• BRAXAS
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2009 12:50 PM

HOW DO YOU ADD FRIENDS?

• driving
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:34 AM

to wgt my son made am and has played and logged scores for weekly back 9 but playes from white tees still is this normal now when you first make am

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:00 AM

Hi driving, Hacks play from the blue tee and Amateurs play from the white tee, so it looks to be correct.

• driving
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:32 AM

thnks for reply but he has like under a 100 yrds in for hole 10 with decent drive and can reach 11 in two with good drive he is am but hits and playes from hack tees

• driving
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:39 AM

we where ready to leave and i told him to play an 18 hole round and and when he played hole no 1 he was from am tees and 2nd hole he was at am tees we left but when he got back on and played back 9 tourn. round he was at hack tee,s again i wondered if he has to complete an 18 hole match before moving tees back to am for back 9 tourn.

• driving
    51 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:21 PM

in response to braxas either pay my electric bill or steal my wife away from me

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:38 PM

If you enter a tournament as a hack, and then get promoted to amateur, for the remainder of the tournament you will play as a hack.  Any tournaments you enter after you are promoted, you will play as an amateur.

• Teamster174
    43 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 12:07 PM

After being moved to amateur status, I'm playing the worst I've ever played. I can't read the putts or the wind. I'm usually three to four over par on eighteen holes. I should be moved back to hack level. Or maybe even "you suck" if that level exists.

RSS