Forums

Help › Forums

How does WGT monitor New Accounts

Wed, Jul 16 2014 2:04 PM (78 replies)
  • navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:30 PM

all you got to do is watch the community spot lite to see they come and go faster then they can keep up  with.lol

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:34 PM

Many of those accounts haven't been active in months.  My theory on those is they were multi-accounters who's account got too "hot".  Alternatively, they got preyed on by the better multiaccounting cheater and went broke.

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:02 PM

hyena64:
    Many of all accounts haven't been active since the day they joined.

You are talking about the 5 million fake accounts created by the "mysterious" entity.  I was referring to the accounts that appear in the spotlight (e.g., featured accounts).

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:02 PM

I don't have a phone, so you can stick that as a solution. As I said earlier, it is almost trivial to monitor a player's statistics, earnings, and other patterns and raise a flag. Certainly it is possible for an honest player to achieve results comparable to a sandbagger, but the probability is low enough that a person investigating a flag should be able to make a determination.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:36 PM

bubbadork:

I don't have a phone, so you can stick that as a solution. As I said earlier, it is almost trivial to monitor a player's statistics, earnings, and other patterns and raise a flag. Certainly it is possible for an honest player to achieve results comparable to a sandbagger, but the probability is low enough that a person investigating a flag should be able to make a determination.

Check out this months top ten money list, 2 week old account. He needs to be tracked down and put on the Mike Douglas show.

And the 30 or 40 thousand he fleeced people for in skins is not included.

OK Chris if that is you trying to make a point, point made.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:49 PM

We are always proactive in this and research every report. It's not feasible to monitor every new account, so we must rely on our community for it.

As far as anything related to what else is done, I would commend you all refer to statement MisterWGT made in one of the chats.

-WGTicon

• KevinFleenor
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:54 PM

I think we've come full circle now. 

Sadly enough, to no end. 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:03 PM

Steve2golf:
    OK Chris if that is you trying to make a point, point made

Lol, most likely the correct name, but not the one with "limitations" ;-)

P.S.: I left something in your email.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:14 PM

I have no reason to doubt you Icon that you (WGT) do research every report,as there have been many accounts closed that have breached the T&C.

But I disagree WGT is proactive in preventing such cases,it is merely reactive or measures would be put in place already,and I quote"We don't actively monitor new accounts" nor have you assured the community that WGT actually look for breaches to the T&Cs (regarding multi-accounters).

I personally think this is an issue worth raising with Chad, but as a moderator,could you advise whether you forward suggestions on to the powers at be at WGT or is this beyond your scope of duties?

RSS