Forums

Help › Forums

How does WGT monitor New Accounts

Wed, Jul 16 2014 2:04 PM (78 replies)
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:10 PM

hyena64:
    Nothing at all personal against Icon, I promise, as I don't believe she makes the rules

Erm, he's a guy.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 11:39 PM

hyena64, just wondering

how would you actively monitor all accounts at all times>?

I prefer to trust every member of the community, until that trust is betrayed.

-wgticon

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:39 AM

First off I will say, that I have viewed the profile of said account because it was posted in another thread and yes, certainly that 1 is fleecing likely lower tiered players at an alarming rate.

However I question the wisdom of the below quotes from the OP.

"Multi-accounting always has been a problem that certain low life will get to a certain Tier, realise that they have certain limitations at the new tier, so just restart a new ID.

these restarts will seldom generate new revenue as equipment (via sell back to the pro shop) will be "gifted" from the old ID"

While I do believe you will get new legends creating new accounts, however if they have "limitations", do you honestly believe the are able to completely fund a new account with equipment, bars and balls solely at first with credits from the old account.

How do we know they seldom generate new revenue, it seems to me at least that a new account would be very expensive and require thousands of credits and to be fully funded by a player with limitations through gifting is unlikely IMHO.

I question the word seldom mostly, and I believe WGT relies on reports from the community and fully suspect the subject account will be disabled.

People need to watch who they are playing and learn to protect themselves, I have played many many MPC and plenty of skins, and as soon as the host allows a level 50 hack and or Amat to go green, I hit cancel.

To protect myself from a fleecing, I boot the level 60 pro's and Tp's and level 70 and above masters and TM from the MPC matches.

I do not look at profiles, I do not look at averages, I just assume the other player has great skills, but they have beyond their control equipment limitations, but as most of us know those equipment limitations evaporate the higher up the levels you go. I bolded this as very important advice, averages and profiles can be manipulated to say whatever you wish and IMHO provide completely useless information.

WGT can only do so much to protect you, you have to protect yourself, you have to know their are millions of multi-accounts lurking in all of the various forms of credit play.

That protects me just fine and but may not work for everyone, but a legitimate level whatever pro entering a pro tier RG is and has been for as long as I have been around, never had a chance in the lower tiered RG.

As soon as you identify your own limitations, you can identify what level and tier you should not play to have a good match against all players, multi or whatever.

Credit play here is the deep dark under belly of WGT, "the underground" watch out or you will be chewed up in there.

1 last edit, if you have limitations and wish to play for credits, good Country Clubs are your best option, they are very good at weeding out these players, if you have no success in your Country Club, you will have zero success in the other forms of credit play and it Credit Play may not be for you.

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:57 AM

WGTicon:

hyena64, just wondering

how would you actively monitor all accounts at all times>?

I prefer to trust every member of the community, until that trust is betrayed.

-wgticon

seriously just look at highlighted players. comments on there wall etc does not take a mind reader to figure out who has a multi account and could be cheating. you guys in admin surely can see there i.p address? you just need to listen to players who know and have been in forum posting about players for months. hence why theres so many threads about sandbaggers multis etc.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:10 AM

Good thoughts, Steve!

Alas, your doubts on the financing of multi-accounters don't stand, in the light of the actions here. It certainly pays to spend some 6000 crs worth of gifts to a new account with low tier. It's easy and affordable to bring him to level 58 with wee effort or time and let him start with G20s, good wedges and putter. By intelligently (ab)using the system, fleecing unsuspecting players in Blitz+Skin+Matches, storming through the RGs (especially the tiered ones from Pro on), a good profit should be possible while breeding the next Hack account. Credits can be swapped between accounts by forfeiting challenge matches.

Fortunately in this case, some of these credit collecting methods have been limited by WGT's anti-sandbagging measures, and the strongest motivation has been removed, too: the real money gift cards. Hopefully, there won't be too many to act this way for a cap or a golf towel.

• BlackCrown
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:08 AM

It seem s to me , that this is not a perfect system for sure . But in any event that a person would want to have a fresh start . Or start over instead of spending whatever amount to police the system and it s player s . There should be a way to clear out the account and instead of annexing people who want to play this cool game weather for money or just for fun. And set a statement saying that one would not be able to gift to a new account and would suffer lose of all stature or rank as well as earned credit s and let all of you that are stressing over this to relax and get back to playing golf . And if you think that earning money is ever going to stop at wgt and that there is going to be this blissful pure virgin style game is a pipe dream . Because number one you are on a freaking computer get it and as well an imperfect human being like the rest of us. So with this I say cheer s , so enjoy, relax and play golf . Or WGT will have to shut completely shut down and REBOOT the whole thing and let us all restart which then will make us all tainted little avatar s . Please let there be peace about some place on this damn computer. I truly feel like i m on Jerry Springer on every site anymore . thank s for letting me speak , but by the grace of GOD go I .

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:13 AM

alosso:

Good thoughts, Steve!

Alas, your doubts on the financing of multi-accounters don't stand, in the light of the actions here. It certainly pays to spend some 6000 crs worth of gifts to a new account with low tier. It's easy and affordable to bring him to level 58 with wee effort or time and let him start with G20s, good wedges and putter. By intelligently (ab)using the system, fleecing unsuspecting players in Blitz+Skin+Matches, storming through the RGs (especially the tiered ones from Pro on), a good profit should be possible while breeding the next Hack account. Credits can be swapped between accounts by forfeiting challenge matches.

Fortunately in this case, some of these credit collecting methods have been limited by WGT's anti-sandbagging measures, and the strongest motivation has been removed, too: the real money gift cards. Hopefully, there won't be too many to act this way for a cap or a golf towel.

You may be right and I will stand corrected.

LOOK HERE

I'm not naming names, but selling off everything and gifting, then likely loosing the accumulated credits in a blitz once legend status is achieved is pretty freaking obvious.

Nope in case you are wondering I have not linked directly to the profile. You need to do your own bit of sleuthing there, I have provided a head start.

I think WGT has more problems then I ever imagined, maybe they can spend more time looking into this stuff and less time figuring out ways to limit my ability to shoot low scores.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:27 AM

Ok so I have spent the last few minutes thinking about this now, what can be done?

WGT cannot clone Icon 30 times, not likely afford this, so I propose WGT hire people who will work for credits.

You give these people the ability to follow the credits and see more information in the profile, they would follow the credits and make reports and recommendations to a higher authority.

For every account disabled as a result, 2000 credits in payment.

WGT should immediately start this, and recruit through private message.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:50 AM

Steve2golf:
    [...]selling off everything and gifting, then likely loosing the accumulated credits in a blitz once legend status is achieved is pretty freaking obvious.
    What you say!

We see that earning 150-180 $ officially is well possible plus unseen challenge wins, perhaps 300 $ ROI in max three months.

Alas, which problems should WGT have? They are a business, no a golfing union, and the profit is obvious: 100 % of the first clubs, 75% of the following, 20% rake of all wins, and the necessary balls.

All their known measures which I described before also add to their revenue while the monitoring demanded here is costly, even the solution proposed by you. Evil to him who evil thinks.

• boxersnort
    4 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:05 AM

PUHOLINO:

hyena64:
    Nothing at all personal against Icon, I promise, as I don't believe she makes the rules

Erm, he's a guy.

ah it's many people not just one & I agree 100% with hyena64 - hire programmers WG's - problem is they don't & won't spend the money - that's what we're here 4 - WG doesn't care - they don't care about anything - they pretend 2 but if they did - we wouldn't have any problems - there would be nothing to bi tch about - Man U People Need 2 Wake Up - Heck they don't even answer emails

RSS