Help › Forums

Flag during putting?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 3 2009 11:43 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JoshTheGoat
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 2:54 PM

Is it possible to pull the flag from the hole during putting? 

I just missed a long shot because it hit the flag and bounced back.  Made me wonder if I was supposed to pull the flag before I putted the ball.

• JeffyT
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:32 PM

I know right. Get a freakin caddy in here or something

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 8:31 PM

We are looking into a possible issue some players have raised about the flag not coming out when it should. Thanks for the report.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 8:36 PM

All I know is that I've played a few thousand rounds and it's never happened to me, or anyone that's played with me.  Chances are the putts in question were from the fringe and it wasn't being recognized.  Putts from the fringe do have the flagstick in.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 8:51 PM

I have close to 600 rounds in, and strangely enough, it happened to me last week on 18! I was not on the fringe.

• tomab
    512 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 5:09 AM

I have close to 200 rounds.
    It has happened to me only once. A medium 8ft putt. My thought was if I could have been on the fringe, but I going through the stroke in my mind I must have been far away from the fringe.
    So it happens, but so occasionally that it is no big problem.
    Another thing, if I am on the fringe or very close to the green on a real golf course so that I will roll the ball towards the hole, I normally take out the flag.

Could that
    be an option here too?

TomAb

• Ryan.Anderson
    19 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 6:00 AM

This happened to me yesterday - putt from just on the fringe, and the ball bounced straight off the flagstick even though it would only have gone a couple feet past. As in real golf, it would be nice to have a choice for shots from off the green, but a rolling ball should only bounce out like that if it's really flying at the pin and ricochets sideways. A straight hit on the pin should help the ball drop.

• SWAMPBUCK
    16 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2009 3:48 PM

Same thing happend to me would have been my longest putt made  33'....

• jceas
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 7:54 AM

It happend to me twice today same round back to back holes...  One would have been my longest putt at 48ft. and the other would have been my second longest at 27ft.  I recorded both of them on my profile.  Dont remember if they were on the fringe or not but still feel there should be some options with the flag. 

• Golfadik
    5 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 12:20 AM

I have hit  the flag a few times from off  the green,its so frustrating knowing that it could possibly have gone in,Do we get awards for that?

• PAGES
RSS