Help › Forums

Wk 44 Stroke Play Tournament

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 3 2008 2:25 PM (22 replies)
  • dpearce
    5 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2008 8:58 PM

Alex,

Yes it is the first time I have tried to enter.  I would like to play the two free stroke play tournaments (WK 45 and the November Challenge).  Last week I was able to play both tournaments (WK 44 and October Challenge) and I could register on the website and on the game.  This week it is saying I am ineligible to register.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2008 9:58 AM

Hi dpearce, we'll have a look into this today. Hope to have an update for you soon.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2008 9:49 AM

Hi dpearce, you should be able to enter the tournaments now.

• dpearce
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2008 9:42 AM

Thanks Alex, it works now.

• clabbem
    25 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2008 11:04 AM

I´m loosing the intrested on the game coz  i can´t play any stroke tournament, and the game is getting boring for me for that reason, so i suggest 2 new names for the game:

A few countries golf tour   

Usa golf tour

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2008 3:22 PM

You should still be able to play the tournaments unless I'm mistaken, you're just not eligible to win the prizes at the moment.

As far as prizes go, alex has stated before that they need to make sure they are in compliance with local contest laws.  Since every country's laws are different, that can take time.  Have patience my friend.

• clabbem
    25 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2008 11:34 AM

not able to play stroke tournaments  m8..... this is turn it on to a USA game only I think

• Jimboy1
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 6:55 AM

i agree with Clabbem open up to the world, so anyone can go for this tournaments, the world goes on beyond your borders.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 8:21 AM

Jimboy1:
    ...the world goes on beyond your borders

I'm sorry Jimboy, but that's an incredibly assanine statement.  Last I checked Germany, the UK and Canada are all beyond our borders. Clearly the WGT wants to screw with everyone outside of the US, Germany, the UK and Canada for fun and giggles.  That much is obviously apparent and makes complete sense from a business standpoint...

"liek zomg it shuld be Screw the World Golf Tour amirite?!!1!"

/sarcasm

nivlac:
    Again, as far as prizes go, Alex has stated before that they need to make sure they are in compliance with local contest laws.  Since every country's laws are different, that can take time...  a lot of time.

What that means is that it is ILLEGAL to give away prizes to folks in your country because your country hasn't said it's ok for you to receive prizes. That's called red tape and it happens ALL of the time.  Think about that for just a second; they're attempting to work with various Governments.  When was the last time you got something done quickly that involved ANY government? 

You are acting as if they OWE you something and they clearly do not.  They could have easily decided to make tournaments available only to North America. That would certainly reduce a lot of their headaches.  But then what?  You should feel lucky that they ARE making this a world-wide venture, because they are under no obligation what-so-ever to do so.

Four months ago we Americans couldn't play tournaments either because there were none.  The Brits & Germans couldn't play tournaments until four weeks ago. Your time will come soon enough.  I promise you the WGT is not holding out on you just for the fun of it.

• Jimboy1
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2008 11:01 AM

ok , Nivlac you made your point ,

i never said any thing about screwing my friend , offcourse things need time and a lot off time i know that , but the name off the game suggesting something else, and yes its all bout buisness , but WGT isn t only multiplayers online game I am not tlking about prizes , i can t play the tournements. So explaine to me what s different germany then , its my neibourgh country and the rules aren t that different we are the EU so what s  diff then?

Now about as if i owe anything , no my friend i don t owe anything from WGT as you stated before its a buiness point off view i know just as you there s a lot off money going arround on websites , so even i don t pay anything i am a customer, so i suggest you be more carefull with customers and act a more buisness approche , it suits better then to say that people must be gratefull for a game , grow up!

RSS