Forums

Help › Forums

putting practice

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:34 AM (5 replies)
  • thegame42
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:56 AM

Some or most of the greens here are fast and slope a lot depending where you land ?

Matbe a putting practice area be good here ?

• perm1981
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:59 AM

i think that would be a great idea.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 9:23 AM

I agree, it would be a great addition. A driving range would make sense as well.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 12:21 AM

If I might offer a suggestion. Play 18 holes under Ranked play. When you get to the green, putt from where you are at. If you putt does not go in, hit the ball way past so you can putt again. Repeat until the game says you have reached the maximum number of shaots for the hole and takes you to the next tee. Repeat on each hole like this but quit befor putting out on 18 so you average won't go thru the roof. I know it is a pain having to go from tee to green just to putt on each hole, but this is a way to practice putting right now instead of waiting.

The reason I say use ranked play is because you get the wind simulation in putting which you will need to learn also.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 6:59 AM

Hi Again jbowles,

Just in case other people are reading this feed.

You dont need to practice your putting in a ranked round.

You can chose the wind type, low, moderate & strong in a practice round.

Cheers

Doug

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 11:34 AM

Hey Doug,

yes, I know in theory that you can adjust the wind and tees in a practice round. But I have never in doing so had the shots and putts react the same as in a match or ranked round. I know folks say there is no difference. I can "practice" nine hole and shoot 4-5 under par. When I play the same 9 holes in ranked rounds I can only soot 1-2 under. It happens all the time, and no I don't think it is because I choke on a ranked round, lol.

Thanks for your input Doug, I am only pointing out this is what I do and it works for me. Maybe the wind and course conditions are not what I believe they are, who knows.

Joe

RSS