Help › Forums

Quitters!

Thu, May 19 2022 4:50 AM (22 replies)
  • jtneth
    8 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2013 9:52 PM

Quitters
    06 Jan

I have a problem with all you quitters out there. And not the ones who exit the right way. When you decide to play a round, you have made a commitment with everyone in your group that you will play it all the way out. Simple put, you are disrespecting the group and it shows your true sportsmanship and character. Quitting is not will not and can not be accepted at all. And I am not talking about those who leave because of life happens. But the others and you know who you are need to  not play or play with respect to the others in a group.

• aj0307
    13 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:52 PM

well said sir!! Couldn't agree more.

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:01 AM

+1. try and stick to cc games and make friends there. most do not quit unless connection or game freeze. saves hell of a lot of upset.

• fireball84094
    355 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:18 AM

You can never quit,winners never quit,and quitters never win.

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:37 AM

jtneth:

Quitters
    06 Jan

I have a problem with all you quitters out there. And not the ones who exit the right way. When you decide to play a round, you have made a commitment with everyone in your group that you will play it all the way out. Simple put, you are disrespecting the group and it shows your true sportsmanship and character. Quitting is not will not and can not be accepted at all. And I am not talking about those who leave because of life happens. But the others and you know who you are need to  not play or play with respect to the others in a group.

i agree!..  However, there is that ongoing WGT situation which has happened to me & some of my alternate shot partners.

You will be in the middle of a nice competitive round when all of a sudden you or another player gets the dreaded " There has been an error message ". Then they take you back to the play page & you try to "continue" the match & BINGO...WGT will not let you back in......After 5 minutes of not being able to explain things to your playing partners, you may or may not be labeled as a QUITTER.......Happens more than you think.......just saying!

Johnny

• sledgehammer1961
    546 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:57 AM

I agree with Johnny, I have never quit a game no matter how awful i am playing. But I have been seriously cussed out by players when WGT kicked me off the game. I try to communicate the issue but of course it wont go through.

• jtneth
    8 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:26 PM

I personally have experienced the dreaded error and I have to get out of the wgt system and restart it. it takes about 1min and 15 seconds and you are back. this happens when two players are on the same server and one resets but the other does not. the one who does not gets the message. this is because the new server hookup that was created doesn't recognized the first server anymore. hence you think you cant get back in but you can. that is what i  have experienced

• jtneth
    8 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:42 PM

so true are those words. a championship is made by hardwork and commitment to perfecting his skill. a quitter mopes and complains about everything and uses those excuses to leave at anytime. someone who loses their connection or leaves because life calls it happens. 

• LGRAGS
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2013 4:30 PM

jneth-

there in lies a major shortcoming of the "communications" here at wgt. A fine internet game indeed. Yet, when technical problems arise, or life jumps up and takes you from your planned game time, there is no way to immediately let people know what has happened. Then, some feel its ok to just post and mail derogatory comments about the action that took place. This gets posted everywhere and some feed off of that to establish some kind of an awareness of who one is. I have been subject to one individual who thinks he knows why I left a game because one of the players wanted to call me names and question my integrity to the unwritten but accepted ways of the game: Please don't quit unless its an emergency.

The occurence of these bullies who base their accusations on very little evidence has been increasing. I always play with anyone who comes in to a match I am in......yet I will now be skiddish as to the potential affects should I have to leave the game for an unplanned reason.

In the long run, does it really matter. To quickly claim someone as a quitter is absurd. Quitters will find their come-upance.

I have ranted enough. I had to because now I enter into games wondering if anyone is ready to attack you on such small purpose. Thanks for reading this.

• harrymunk
    443 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 12:26 PM

get to me when people quit the game why join in first place you mugs out there dont invite me

RSS