Wed, May 29 2013 12:54 PM

harrymunk:
    you mugs out there

hahaha.......mugs

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 5:28 PM

scottishbloke:
    stick to cc games and make friends there. most do not quit unless connection or game freeze.

Agree with you there, nothing worse than when that happens! but, at least people you know, either friends or CC members do understand...:-) At least I do from my fellow friends..

• DaveFoust
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 8:50 AM

All these years after this post and it is still an annoying issue.  I understand if life gets in the way, however, you can tell when someone got mad or is just having a horrible round.

I play allot of Alternate Shot games and it is unfair for everyone when someone just quits.  Why not just cc every hole?  At least then everyone would get their XP bonus.  If you quit no one gets anything.  I think quitters should be penalized or restricted access to games like Alt Play where your actions can and does affect others.  Sad that this original post is from over 9 years ago and the crap is still happening today.  Of the last 10 Alt Games I have played, all but 4 someone got PO'd and quit leaving the rest of us empty handed.  SHAM ON YOU!!  But then again that is what quitters do.  Still love the game and kudos to WGT for bringing such an enjoyable game.  Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth..

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 1:31 PM

DaveFoust:
    At least then everyone would get their XP bonus.  If you quit no one gets anything. 

I agree with you and think alt shot quitters should _____ ____ _____ _____

Fill in blanks with whatever horrible notion that comes to mind...

The bonus however- you do still get, you just dont see the screen that shows it to you.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 4:14 PM

yup...had 2 quitters today and probably a dozen the couple of weeks. They are down by 2 holes with 2 to go and bang...gone. LOL. Seriously thinking of not playing anymore Alt but the good games out weigh the the few poor sports on this site. There are many players that are nice and friendly, and like me don't really care about winning or losing. This game not paying my monthly bills. Cheers. It's all about having fun and meeting nice folks.

• Don7103
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 8:02 PM

I agree.  I think any quitter should be penalized 5 times what you are playing for.

I also hate it when someone knows they are going to lose and on the last hole start hitting the ball to hard to stay outside you and take up to the maximum number of shot or get up to 7 or 8 shots and then just leaves.   Now we have to sit there for about 3 minutes to get the points.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 7:04 AM

callaghan159:
    yup...had 2 quitters today and probably a dozen the couple of weeks.

Seems to come in waves- we have 2-3 nights in a row sometimes where someone quits during alt-shot and then maybe weeks w/o it...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 7:49 AM

PureGro1:

callaghan159:
    yup...had 2 quitters today and probably a dozen the couple of weeks.

Seems to come in waves- we have 2-3 nights in a row sometimes where someone quits during alt-shot and then maybe weeks w/o it...

Sounds like my sex life..(:

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 4:54 PM

ct690911:
    Seems to come in waves- we have 2-3 nights in a row sometimes where someone quits

ct690911:

Some good advice for you Colin.....stop quitting and your sex life should improve.🤣🤣🤣

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, May 17 2022 3:38 PM

PureGro1:

ct690911:

The alt-shot bit sounds fun... we talking bowls and keys? Had you pegged for Mr. Straight-laced, too.

Good for you, Colin. Very well played.

:-)

BTW the only reason this particular thread caught my eye was because I hoped it was a re-hash of the legendary 'Quilters' one... pfft.

RSS