Help › Forums

Moderators... Censorship and Cheezenuts

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 6 2017 12:52 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • brianusa
    187 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:03 PM

Do the moderators do anything but delete threads that show blatant links to cheating?

What happened to the Cheezenuts thread?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:04 PM

brianusa:
    Do the moderators do anything but delete threads that show blatant links to cheating?

Yes.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:28 PM

alcaucin:

brianusa:

Yes.

^

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:27 PM

your reply lack content pizza

• mrbear1
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:28 PM

Why?  Don't you believe it's possible?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:28 PM

brianusa:

your reply lack content pizza

Do you have any questions for me, other than an explanation of the WGT moderator's job duties, or the location of the thread(s) you refer to? I have no answer for either of those.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:05 PM

The original question asked what happened to the Cheezenuts thread....

All the Cheezenuts' accounts remain on the system and appear active.

Did mention of the California AG's office get the thread deleted?

Do moderators moderate without recourse or accountability?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:10 PM

brianusa:

As I just said, I do not have an answer for this.

brianusa:

This has nothing to do with the forums, or WGT's moderators. If you want to report in-game cheating, send our support team an email.

brianusa:

No.

brianusa:

Yea, pretty much. You are not a part of a democracy here. There are no "trials", there is no "due process". The moderators make arbitrary decisions which may or may not be explained. This is what you agreed to when you signed up.

Is there something you are upset about that you would like to discuss? If it is forum related, feel free to respond here, or make a new thread, or send a moderator a message. If you have an issue not relating to the forums, please email our support department.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• brianusa
    187 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:19 PM

WGTpizza:

Is there something you are upset about that you would like to discuss? If it is forum related, feel free to respond here, or make a new thread, or send a moderator a message. If you have an issue not relating to the forums, please email our support department.

I have and they don't do their jobs of investigating or looking into anything.  Here is their stock response.

Thank you for contacting WGT Member Services and reporting a potential instance of cheating in World Golf Tour. We take accusations of Terms & Conditions violations very seriously and investigate all reported issues. If there is compelling evidence to suggest that a violation has occurred we will take action appropriate to the situation. 

If a player admits to having cheated, we ask that you do one of the following...

If the admission takes place in the WGT forums, please click the Report Abuse link at the bottom of the post containing the dialog.

If the admission takes place on their Profile, or during a match, please reply to this email, attaching a screenshot. (If you need help taking and hosting screenshots, please see the post here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/14726.aspx)

WGT Member Services

I was hopeful that forum moderators in addition to moderation also engage in and follow up on reports of "a potential instance of cheating".
    X
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:21 PM

brianusa:

And yet you're still not being moderated, in spite of persistently breaking one of the major rules of the forums (well, they should all be major anyway, that's why they exist) by calling out players in the open forums. I'd consider myself lucky.

• PAGES
    RSS