Forums

Help › Forums

Chip Yardage change

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 13 2009 10:05 AM (3 replies)
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 9:54 AM

I notice the yardages on the clubs when you choose a chip shot has been changed. The club itself doesnt seem to hit any different, but the yardage number changed. The numbers used to be way too low and now seem to be the accurate distances for each club.

Was that on purpose to make them line up better. Im glad it does but when I noticed, I expected it to hit farther too and it didnt

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 10:02 AM

Yes, this is the 3rd time it's changed.  Please, stop changing the chipping system.  It was great the way it was before.  All I can ask is why?

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 10:04 AM

This is an ongoing effort from us to standardize the indicated yardages.  This being said, the yardages will always vary even for the same club due to the lie of the ball, the surface it lands on and the speed of the greens.  The indicated yardages are only to be used as a relative baseline and should be compensated for depending on environmental variables.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 10:05 AM

Yea, and tibbits they didnt change the mechanic. The clubs still chip exactly the same. They just fixed the yardage number to be more accurate

RSS