Forums

Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 16 2009 1:54 PM (3 replies)
  • Caven
    63 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 6:45 AM

It would be great if we had the ability to switch from 60 ft. and 30 ft. lengths.

To often 60 ft. range is less than 20 ft., and I've even had less than 10 ft.  And there is still the rare instance the meter is at 30 ft. and it can't be reached.

Besides it always fools me, I think the range is set to 30 ft. and it is 60 ft., that is just a matter of me paying more attention and breaking a bad habit.

But it would still be much better for the player to have this selection.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:45 AM

Hi caven, better putter distance control is coming down the pike... thanks for the suggestion.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 8:24 AM

WGTalex,

I am sorry for beating a dead horse, but I still believe there is a problem with the putting. I find it had to believe that it is a true representation of the real greens when I have 4 putted from 10 feet and 3 from 5 feet. I keep hearing everyone talk about practice. You cannot practice when the wind has the ball going in whatever direction it is blowing and trying to allow for the break also. There are some times the wind shows little effect on a putt and the next green the same wind force will blow a ball off course. I have no problem with the fact that the new clubs we get are harder to hit. I understand the effect of the wind and other factors. But on a green it seems that the wind is having more effect in the game than any course I have ever played in real life, that includes courses near the ocean. I am not asking for you to make this game as easy as TW. I have played more ranked rounds than I care to remember where I had a 4 putt for double or triple a couple of times and quit before I posted the score. That was me playing by myself. I just want the green to be more like real life and one guy I know who has played the ocean course came over and watched my play. He said it is a great looking game but that the putting and action on the greens were not a true representation of the course he remembers playing. He was here and saw me 4 putt from about 10 feet and he said there is no way on that green it happens in real life, so why does it happen in the game? Just my thoughts, I do appreciate the game and all you have done to make it real and playable.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2009 1:54 PM

Hi jbowles, thanks for your thoughts. Someone else brought up the topic of wind effect on putting, and this is something we are looking into.

RSS