Help › Forums

chipping

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 14 2009 4:18 AM (4 replies)
  • darkage47
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 5:53 AM

Hi WGT.

Didn't know where to put this, but Iwanted to know ...Did you change the chipping distances? And why? I liked the 11,7,4. You did this without any warning. I thought it reverted back to my old clubs. It screwed up a couple of my shots. It would be nice, and appreciated, if you would let us know BEFORE you make changes like that!

Thank You for a great game, Darkage.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:51 AM

Hi darkage, this is an ongoing effort from us to standardize the indicated yardages.  This being said, the yardages will always vary even for the same club due to the lie of the ball, the surface it lands on and the speed of the greens.  The indicated yardages are only to be used as a relative baseline and should be compensated for depending on environmental variables.

• darkage47
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 2:49 PM

Hi Alex,

You don't seem to understand...the clubs  I bought were pw-11yrds, 54 wdg-7 yrds, 60 wdg-4 yrds. Now they are 17,11,7 in that order.  My concern is this change was made without notice. How many more changes will be made without notification?

Darkage47

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 3:58 AM

Not to sound like an &*$ but as many as they need to until it comes out of Beta.... I know it sucks, but be patient and play around with them.... you'll learn it again!

Enjoy!

• darkage47
    57 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 4:18 AM

Hi Avatarlee. I know I'll get used to them again. I would just like some warning that changes are being made. I also found that some of the punches were changed. Had I not noticed, it would have messed up my shot. Once again...All I ask for is some warning. Just a blog in news section.

Darkage47

p.s.  I do enjoy the game very much both on and off the computer.

RSS