Help › Forums

The Pin

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 25 2009 9:59 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 10:43 AM

I'm really annoyed. My ball doesn't roll too fast. It rolls to the hole and I'm really happy but the it goes against the pin and rolls away. This is crazy. You can see that two times in my replays. First time it would have been an eagle, second time a hole in one stroke play. Is there any tip how this doesn't happen? I mean how get the pros the ball in the hole. Their balls hit the pin too but then it goes in.

greetings imcoola

sry for my english(like anytime in my posts^^) 

• lastplace
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 8:36 PM

the other question i would be asking is why do you not have any awards for hitting the pin.  i played a tournament round the other day and hit the pin from a chip shot about 5 yards off the green and i didn't get an award either.

• Bigdewp60
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 9:31 PM

Why should you get an award? Are you THAT proud of just hitting the pin? like give me a break

• Nikullis
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 8:51 AM

100% agreed. I have hit the pin over and over and yet I have only had two or three shots hit the pin and drop. For any of us REAL golfers it is truly frustrating because hitting the pin, despite being a little fast, will more than often drop after hitting the pin. It is an impossibility in this game to "dunk" the ball Fred Couples style. Everytime the pin is hit the ball bounces off. BRUTAL

• lastplace
    7 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 9:40 AM

Maybe I thought you got an award cause if you look at the award breakdown there is one listed for "Hit the Pin." 

Good to see that people are supportive

• Totmarbz
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:54 AM

I played a picture perfect 45 feet birdie-put from the fringe on the 5th hole. It went dead straight at the hole but it hit the pin..the ball bounced off so bad, it ended up 8 feet away on a weird downhill slope...I narrowly missed it and had to tap in for bogey...That f***in pin!! Really pisses me off..and i was going for 3 under par..

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2009 11:43 PM

Yeah...now if it was rolling with lots of speed..you might could see it..but as the guy mentioned that for us guys that play for real...even if the ball has a fair amount of speed..9/10 it goes down..very frustrating.

• RobNJ
    14 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 9:09 AM

There's a place to see the breakdown of awards?? Where?? 

About the pin, I've hit it countless times and don't recall ever getting the award for that.  When I've hit the pin, sometimes it's fast and sometimes slow.  One thing I've come to learn - there is no predicting what will happen to your ball once it hits the pin regardless of the ball's speed on impact.  Flip a coin and hope for the best and celebrate when you get the good bounce.

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2009 10:30 AM

Go to the pro shop and buy a caddie to pull the pin.

Freddie

• lastplace
    7 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 2:45 PM

At the very bottom of the page there is a "Help/FAQ" click on that and you will see a topic for Awards

• PAGES
RSS