Forums

Help › Forums

LEGEND TIER BS

Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:20 PM (34 replies)
  • BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:29 AM

I don't know if any of you know this, but WGT has now cheapened the LEGEND TIER by making it not only dependent upon your hard work grinding your STROKE AVG down. I know that I paid my dues and worked hard to get my stroke average below 61 to make the LEGEND TIER. I had to shoot many 30's and less to do this and I did the work.

HOWEVER...I personally KNOW an individual hear the I will not name that learned of the bug and cheated the system. Again...this is not HEARSAY, I KNOW that this is the way he made LEGEND. You see, if you are around a 63 avg TOUR MASTER, if you get a LEGEND to throw a match play game to you, your stroke avg will drop BY ONE FULL STROKE!! Not tenths of points, but ONE FULL STROKE! NOW THAT"S BS!! He dropped from a plus 63 avg TM to Legend Tier in ONE DAY!!!

He is now about a 74 stroke avg Legend that will not be below 70 for quite some time due to his skill level. What a crock of crap...why doesn't WGT just sell Legend Tier in the frigging pro shop!

I hereby respectfully request that WGT correct this flaw in the system...whether it was done on purpose or by programmer error...fix it please.

If WGT denies this, I will post his name and let you folks look at his score history and let you see the truth for yourself. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:49 AM

It's not a bug....It was done so ppl would level up quicker if they beat a higher tier player, trouble is it should only apply to MPC games..

I guess they are working on that ? Next update maybe ?

Andy

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:12 PM

why let it effect yer life ? 

did it change how the roses smell ?  .. yer dog love u any less ?? .. 

chill man... enjoy the game ... :) 

peace 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:23 PM

BrickHands:
    You see, if you are around a 63 avg TOUR MASTER, if you get a LEGEND to throw a match play game to you, your stroke avg will drop BY ONE FULL STROKE!! Not tenths of points, but ONE FULL STROKE! NOW THAT"S BS!! He dropped from a plus 63 avg TM to Legend Tier in ONE DAY!!!

A bit slow to catch on ;-) ? We've been having "forum fights" about this since the middle of OCTOBER. It took almost a month to actually prove to the powers of WGT how drastic the system is and that you can make 69 avg masters into TMs with 5 forfeits without a shot being taken. Wins due to forfeits/disconnection shouldn't drop your avg anymore after the last update, however, I didn't test it yet, it's bad enough I turned my buddy into a TM, don't wanna screw him and making him a legend. "Legit" wins still drop your avg waaaaay too much IMO, but I'm simply too exhausted to keep the "fight" going.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:31 PM

PUHOLINO:
    "Legit" wins still drop your avg waaaaay too much IMO, but I'm simply too exhausted to keep the "fight" going.

That's what they rely on F, apathy :-))

I think even if they do tone it down (as they should) that WE will not be informed.

Andy

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:37 AM

Of course we wouldn't be informed.  WGT has been a little better, but they still aren't great in the communication department.

As for OP, yes, you are a bit late to the party.  I would contend that a lot of US did the work in exposing the system for the sham that it is in spite of WGT telling us it was accomplishing what they wanted and that we basically didn't know what we were talking about.

So, you do your work to get to L or TL.  We'll work on the game as a whole for everybody.  Deal?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:02 AM

alcaucin:

I think even if they do tone it down (as they should) that WE will not be informed.

Andy

Think about it: if WGT released details of their 'anti-sandbagging' program, the scammers would immediately exploit the system weaknesses. (Yes, Virginia, there are ALWAYS system weaknesses.)

WE the players should be careful about what we ask for! Many cried for years about the sharks sandbagging their average to relieve rubes of their credits. WGT finally responded and now many of us are wailing about the solution!

I find the sturm und drang, wailing and gnashing of teeth terribly amusing, heh heh.

Disclosure: I made Legend the old-fashioned way - by grinding away at my average.

Play golf!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:04 AM

Choppography:
    Of course we wouldn't be informed.  WGT has been a little better, but they still aren't great in the communication department.

I was thinking more along the lines of..

They wouldn't want to give ppl the heads up that you can get away with a few more MPCs or RGs because there would be a backlash over that too......What ever they do will upset a proportion of the members.

Andy

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:26 AM

alcaucin:

Andy

Think about it: if WGT released details of their 'anti-sandbagging' program, the scammers would immediately exploit the system weaknesses. (Yes, Virginia, there are ALWAYS system weaknesses.)

WE the players should be careful about what we ask for! Many cried for years about the sharks sandbagging their average to relieve rubes of their credits. WGT finally responded and now many of us are wailing about the solution!

I find the sturm und drang, wailing and gnashing of teeth terribly amusing, heh heh.

Disclosure: I made Legend the old-fashioned way - by grinding away at my average.

Play golf!

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:50 AM

I have been chipping away at the stroke play events to get my average down. It's silly how people can play mcp just to get their average down

RSS