Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven lie tutorial

Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:24 AM (120 replies)
  • SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 6:58 AM

should i get better wedges n if so wat ones u think?

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 11:16 AM

SwingingRoofer:
    so always punch wen 30 or higher no matter wat?
    There are situations when a full shot from 30% is o.k.

I'd prefer the punch when 40% or more.

Regarding wedges: The Ping are o.k.

You might want to exchange the one Starter wedge in between.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:28 PM

alosso:

SwingingRoofer:
    so always punch wen 30 or higher no matter wat?
    There are situations when a full shot from 30% is o.k.

I'd prefer the punch when 40% or more.

Regarding wedges: The Ping are o.k.

You might want to exchange the one Starter wedge in between.

The further to the pin you are the Punch is good....  if I'm less than 130yrds from pin then I use a full shot.

If your in Fescue more than 50% then the best shot would be to try and hit sideways onto the closest fairway.

-Roger

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:53 AM

For the ones that will play the Us Open in Merion with Uneven Lies, reading this thread could be a good idea to start with.

It will be an awesome tournament with Uneven Lies, good luck everyone

Regards, Eric  

• TREMUX
    164 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:00 AM

NO a un torneo tan grande con mentiras desiguales

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:04 AM

TREMUX:

NO a un torneo tan grande con mentiras desiguales

Que no tio, que habra dos competencias...uno en cesped plano y otro en desplano.

Saludos, Eric

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 5:29 PM

Imbroglio:

My only observation is that, while the uneven lie feature is both a welcome and wonderful concept, the effect on distance and direction of the various lies is ridiculously exaggerated.

If you play real golf at all - and know a bit of what you're doing (I'm a 5 handicap) - you know that the effect is much more subtle in reality than is portrayed in the game.

This is the only thing to say! A flop of 29 going at 21y. A shot with 210i landing at 184y with side wind?!?!?!?! And so on... Just because  there is a ball in fairway with a light lie up or down. I tried when this uneven was proposed and I tried again now with this Merion tournamente reserved to L and TL. Still  ridiculous! UL is also not much appreciated by the players, since this 3d in 6 months got so few posts... I'd like to have more difficulties and challenges, but this is unpredictable and unmakeble, imo. Fyi I'm in the cut since now, but it was not amusing to play without having any idea of what will happen when I hit a ball.  Bye

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2013 1:16 PM

I definitely give up with this UL. The matter is that is impossible to fix some parameters in order to know which kind of shot u can do in a certain situation. In normal WGT u know what to do, with UL, no! byeee

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:20 AM

Thanks for some much needed tips on the uneven lies guy's, I just can't seem to make it work but I will be giving it another go with this new knowledge.

CHEERS FELLAS!!!

GC.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:45 AM

We just had a weekend of tournaments with 3 uneven lies mixed in. I did decent,most avoided because of uncertain conditions. My suggestion is to give us a percentage of slope so we can jot down notes. Nothing worse than dealing with water and bad slope. I tried (from overhead) to gauge flat areas on the fairway for my tee shot and did reasonably well since I won twice. But a gauge would help a lot.

RSS