Forums

Help › Forums

Weekend prediction

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:32 PM (6 replies)
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:11 PM

After Casey , Poulter, Z. Johnson , and more to come , I felt I had to ask this question ;  How many victims will # 14 claim  ?     It is quickly becoming the "Snowman" hole of Pebble.   Eeewww , that 8 is gonna'  leave a mark...lmao.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:58 PM

Y.E. Yang and Ricky Barnes (almost) now! 

It's insanity!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:28 PM

There will be many more!   That hole is insane. 

Cheers

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:36 PM

I have always believed it to be all the 5 par anyone could ask for. It takes a great Tee-ball, an outstanding uphill 3 wood and then the party starts. And this I speak of is in normal, everyday conditions. Trying to imagine that hole with a rock hard green and shaved fronts is beyond anything I would want to try.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 2:42 PM

Rock hard and shaved fronts, we are talking golf here aren't we SP   lol

I generally give the USGA a lot of respect but in terms of #14 the hole was almost unplayable.  In the interview you saw that the USGA had given thought to slowing the green speed down to 10 from the 14 that it was.  This is a horrible solution and I'm glad they didn't do it.   However on that hole, which as SP says is a great par 5 requiring 3 good shots, it became unfair and Pebble Beach should rework that green before the 2019 Open, I think that one of the commentators said that there was only about a 15 X 15 foot section of the green that was playable, that isn't enough even for those guys.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:30 PM

TarheelsRule:
    a great par 5 requiring 3 good shots, it became unfair
    Not totally against some of your comments , but I have 2 questions ; What is wrong with a great par 5 requiring 3 good shots?   How can a hole be considered unfair if the entire field  has to face it ?

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:32 PM

Have to agree with the Ace on that one.

The Winner was EVEN par...one hole that they faced four times wasn't the reason.

The course was brutal tough as it should be for the U.S. Open.

RSS