Forums

Help › Forums

Shankshank Redemption

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:51 AM (1 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 7:18 AM

To the fine folks at WGT;  I have decided to take the Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption) approach.  I will inundate this forum with at least one post per week until the situation is addressed by you regarding an Approach/Chip-in Award.

Why not be rewarded for those shots which require a modicum of skill, as oppossed to those ludicrous awards for hitting water, missing 2 foot putts, etc?

I don't think this is unreasonable.  Players such as myself kinda get off on the acknowledgement of certain achievements.in lieu of the fact that we will never shoot a round of 54 (unless it's for 9 holes).

In addition, I need 9,989 more shots to go in the water and then make par to make Diamond.  Come on people, take off a zero here and there to make some of the existing awards a little more feasible.

Okay, I feel better now.  Until next week, or tomorrow, or later today....

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:51 AM

Thanks for the suggestions lkennedy.  I'll definitely pass along your ideas, although I do ask you to not flood the forum with the same request repeatedly.  Once is fine.  Flooding is against our posting etiquette.

We do have a stat that tracks your holed approach shots in the stats section under the approach and chipping tab.  That includes any shot holed from off of the green.  There's just not an award for it yet.

RSS