Forums

Help › Forums

Gotta feel bad for Robert Garrigus

Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:35 AM (8 replies)
  • OldBeachdog
    39 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:05 AM

Can you imagine coming into the 72nd hole with a 3 shot lead ... and shooting a TRIPLE BOGEY!!!  This would have been a huge career win for him but he totally misplayed the hole to force a 3-way playoff which he lost on the 1st hole.

But congrats to Westwood for hanging around and getting the win!

Rich

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 11:16 PM

OldBeachdog:

Can you imagine coming into the 72nd hole with a 3 shot lead ... and shooting a TRIPLE BOGEY!!!  This would have been a huge career win for him but he totally misplayed the hole to force a 3-way playoff which he lost on the 1st hole.

But congrats to Westwood for hanging around and getting the win!

Rich

Yeah and what was up with his pants? lol.. looked like he crapped himself! lol

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:58 AM

The old butt sweat, that is why you see lots of the PGA guys wear black or blue, it doesn't show up so badly or at least don't wear cotton khaki pants.   Bad luck for  him but stupid play, trouble left, he could have played a 6 iron short of the water, another short iron short of the green and then a sand wedge on for a two putt bogey.  Might not seem the heroic way to win but for someone who have never won, needs the 2 year exemption, would like to get an invite to Augusta, you certainly could see why he should do it.  If I was his caddy I would have given him the short iron and walked off.  Oh yeah and I'm sure he could have used the extra $500k too.

Just talked to Robert's caddy....he confirmed that it was a meter jump off the tee and on his third shot that got him.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 1:14 AM

Epic amounts of buttsweat is epic.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 4:54 AM

Playing in 110 deg heat is no small feat. If that is how the butt looked imagine how 'the boys' felt.......lol

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:22 AM

Soulcatcher:

Playing in 110 deg heat is no small feat. If that is how the butt looked imagine how 'the boys' felt.......lol

Lol if I was in his position I would be crapping my pants too! No shame in that.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:04 PM

Indeed a huge meltdown, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Jean Van De Velde at Carnoustie.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 1:36 PM

It is close NIV.  The hole that he was playing isn't anything like the 18th at Carnoustie but the result is similar.  Van De Velde could hav hit a 7 iron over the first burn, another 7 iron short of the second burn and a wedge onto the green for an easy bogey and he would have been the Open champ instead of the idiot standing in the water in the burn trying to figure out what to do.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:35 AM

TarheelsRule:
    instead of the idiot standing in the water in the burn trying to figure out what to do.

Sometimes it's hard for a true professional to admit he screwed up.He thinks his skill will over come his stupidity...Just look at how Old lefty does it so often.He pulls it off sometimes, sometimes he don't.He gives it all the skill he thinks he has and nothing less.Pure heart, that sometimes get's broken,doh...

RSS