Forums

Help › Forums

football

Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:43 AM (30 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:05 PM

I don't have a problem with the game of soccer, but rather with the lack of testicles from the so called men on the pitch.  I've never seen so much waddling around crying after getting kicked in the leg or twisting an ankle.  It's surreal.  

From my rugby and American football days I have little patience for these ballerinas.  I could hear my dad in the stands yelling, "Get up son, you're killing the grass!"  

My pops broke his neck playing for the Miami Dolphins in 1975 and did his best to try and stay in the game.  Ended up enduring 9 operations, 7 vertebrae fused, and 1.5 years in traction but they didn't cart him off the field.  He regularly played with broken hands or ribs.  I just wish the women on the pitch had this same resolve as the game would be more enjoyable to watch.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:15 PM

Jake... were you named after Jake Scott?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 7:51 AM

Those horns are so annoying. If I wanted to listen to the sounds of bees, I'd turn on the Nature channel.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:15 AM

thank god that english goalie did'nt play for some south american country, he would have been murdered by now. what an absolutely silly silly "sport". JB

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:51 AM

jakestanfill7:
    My pops broke his neck playing for the Miami Dolphins in 1975 and did his best to try and stay in the game.  Ended up enduring 9 operations, 7 vertebrae fused, and 1.5 years in traction but they didn't cart him off the field.  He regularly played with broken hands or ribs.  I just wish the women on the pitch had this same resolve as the game would be more enjoyable to watch.

Hear, hear!

Next time you're on Google, soccer fan, look up how many real football players have parts of their body AMPUTATED so they can still play.

These "soccer" wanks should look at this video to learn how a real sport is played...

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:11 AM

(Yes, I know I posted on the other thread, but meh)

Many Americans are giving views of 'soccer' that were true, but are now false. The same is true of everyone else about 'football'.

In the end, people have different opinions. Personally, I like both, so there.

Don't moan at people who don't agree with what you like. If we all liked the same sports and the same teams, life would be boring!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 9:19 AM

EllisSpice:

(Yes, I know I posted on the other thread, but meh)

Many Americans are giving views of 'soccer' that were true, but are now false. The same is true of everyone else about 'football'.

In the end, people have different opinions. Personally, I like both, so there.

Don't moan at people who don't agree with what you like. If we all liked the same sports and the same teams, life would be boring!

It would be boring.

Even if I do rail against soccer as a 'sport', there is still something (American) that I consider less of a 'sport' than soccer....  NASCAR.  Are you kidding me?!  

"Hey Billy-Bob, let's you and me get a bunch a rednecks over and see who can turn left the fastest!!"  

WTF is that?  People actually watch this crap?

Personally, if I'm going to watch cars go fast, I'm going to go with the Europeans on this one, Formula 1, where they actually race.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:56 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Jake... were you named after Jake Scott?

DMM,

Yes I am.  My pop and Jake played at UGA together then dad was drafted in 69 and Jake in 70 by the fish.  Both were elected into the Dolphins Hall of Fame this year.  Going down for the ceremony the Thursday before Thanksgiving.  Should be a fun one.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:01 PM

I think on the most part  you have to grow up with a sport to really appreciate it.  We have all  invested years of our lives in our sports. from our childhood through to adults,training, practicing,  playing, watching it live, watching it on tv, listening to it on the radio, reading about it in the paper and talking to like minded friends and strangers about it.

It doesn't matter what sport  it is there all the same they bring out the worst and best in us. They take you to the highest of highs only to bring you down to the lowest of lows (a bit like crack). In many case's they cause's us to fall out with, and even fight with our closest friends and family .In many case's sports  fans will live and sometimes die for there teams, not to mention all the partying and betting that goes on.

what else brings millions and in soccer's case billions of people from completely different cultures together? there isn't anything else. Sport in all its forms is humanities golden treasure.  

Bringing down another mans sport is childish and arrogant and seeing that were all meant to be over 18 on this site, i thinks its time that some of our ranks start acting their age.

I don't like the Big Mac and here's why, for a start it has no nutrition, its not good value,its full of fat and i don't like the taste. Here's the kicker, do you think that i think the 50 million people around the world  who buy them every day are wrong........NO.

So could we please stop all the mud slinging and hand bags and remember this world cup started almost 4 years ago with a 197 countries at its beginning.Its the biggest event( not just sporting) in the world period and In a couple of weeks there will be only one winner, can you imagine the joy it will bring to that nations face's.

Ole Ole Ole Ole .....Ole Ole.....oh i am sorry buuuuuuuuuuuubuuuuuuuuuuu

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:51 AM

griffygriff:
    Ole Ole Ole Ole .....Ole Ole.....oh i am sorry buuuuuuuuuuuubuuuuuuuuuuu

I don't "get' the vuvuzela thing. Can somebody explain it? 

TY

RSS